So, after working out the other day, I was really craving protein, but was getting tired of basic scrambled eggs. On a whim, I decided to add coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla and raisins to the eggs (I remember a friend saying she had done something similar).
I figured if it was awful, I was hungry enough to be able to eat in anyway, so what did I have to lose?
The taste and texture actually somewhat reminded me of oatmeal. Disclaimer: It has been a long time since I’ve eaten oatmeal, so if you’ve been gulping down the quaker in hopes of lowering your cholesterol (which doesn’t work) it might not taste so similar to you.
Basically, if you’re looking for a variation to try with your eggs that is more sweet than savory, this might be a good option. (I’ve also added dark chocolate before…. it was good… no, I’m not pregnant!)
- a tablespoon of coconut oil
- A few eggs
- a couple tablespoons of almond butter
- a dash of vanilla
- a sprinkle of raisins
- dark chocolate (totally optional)
- Scramble eggs in the coconut oil until almost done but still somewhat soft.
- Add all the other ingredients to taste and scramble until eggs are done cooking and ingredients are well mixed.
- Eat while still warm... it is not good cold!
- Enjoy... if you're in to weird things in your eggs!
What’s the strangest combination you’ve tried that actually turned out good? My second choice is hot sauce on celery… what’s yours?
Top Photo Credit: Suzanne Perazzini