Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables, and this is one of my favorite ways to prepare it. If you’ve only ever had canned asparagus, you have to try freshly prepared asparagus… such a difference.
Asparagus is a regular side at our house, especially on holidays, and I love inlcuding the leftovers with Eggs Benedict for breakfast the next day! If you are cooking this for Thanksgiving or another holiday, check out a full sample menu and shopping list here.
I prefer asparagus with hollandaise sauce, though it is great by itself. If you’re not a fan of asparagus, I’d encourage you to try it this way… you might change your mind!
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- sprinkle of black pepper (to taste)
- 2-3 TBSP of parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Break hard ends off of asparagus- it will naturally break at this point if you gently bend it.
- Lay asparagus flat on baking sheet and drizzle with oil
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parmesan and toss lightly to incorporate.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until soft and just starting to brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Do you like asparagus? How do you prepare it?