Crock Pot Cheesecake?
I know, I know, the idea of making cheesecake in a slow cooker is a little odd. I was skeptical too, but was amazed at how well this recipe turned out. I figured if you can make meatloaf in a slow cooker, and chai tea lattes in a slow cooker, why not give cheesecake a try.
This recipe has especially been helpful on Thanksgiving and busy holidays when my oven is already running at capacity with other dishes and I don’t have the time or space to make any desserts in the oven! As a bonus, this recipe is easier than cooking in the oven (unless you are making a really big cheesecake). If you are a cheesecake person, give this one a try!
- 1 cup of toasted almonds (unsalted) or pecans ground to a meal in a blender or food processor
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 egg
- stevia to taste (optional)
- 2 packages of cream cheese (16 ounces total)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp stevia or powdered stevia leaf (can also use up to ½ cup honey or pure cane sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- Mix toasted almonds/pecans with coconut oil, egg and stevia (if using) and press into bottom of a pan that will fit in the bottom of your crock pot with a little room on each side. I used a 1½ quart oval corning ware in my 6 quart oval crock pot and it worked great, though even a bowl or round cake pan (or loaf pan) could work depending on your crock pot.
- Mix filling ingredients and blend well with blender or immersion blender. Taste to make sure it is sweetened to taste.
- Pour over crust in your dish.
- Put about 1 cup of water in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Slowly and carefully place the dish with the cheesecake into the crock pot, making sure not to get water in it. Put lid on.
- Turn crock pot on high and cook about 2 hours (check every hour or so to make sure there is still water in it).
- Done when middle is set and top barely starts to crack.
- Turn off heat and leave in crock pot until cooled.
- Chill in fridge for a few hours before serving.
- Melt dark chocolate and drizzle on top before chilling
- Slice strawberries and serve on top
- Make a pumpkin version for the Fall!
Like cheesecake? Ever made it in the crock pot? What’s your flavor? Tell me below!