Most days for lunch, I eat a big salad packed with veggies and leftover meat from the night before. This is one of my favorites! This salad is a fresh and delicious version of a salad you might get in a Mexican restaurant, and packed with nutrients! This recipe makes one (big) salad that I usually end up sharing with my two year old!
Chicken Fiesta Salad Ingredients (per salad):
- Large handfuls of spinach, lettuce or other greens
- 1 chopped cooked chicken breasts or thigh (I usually cook extra the night before)
- Cilantro leaves (optional, but good!)
- 1/2 avocado (or prepared guacamole)
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
Chicken Fiesta Salad Instructions:
- Tear up lettuce and spinach and put on large plate, add cilantro leaves to lettuce if you like cilantro.
- Chop Bell pepper, cucumber, and other veggies you like and sprinkle over lettuce.
- Add cheese
- Add chopped chicken
- Top with salsa, sour cream and guacamole (recipe below)
- Enjoy. Ole!
How to Make Easy Guacamole:
- Mash 1 avocado or more with 1/4 cup salsa, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp chili powder and other spices to taste (I use garlic, salt and pepper).
- If you want Pico de Gallo flavored guacamole, add 1/4 cup each of very finely diced onion and tomato and a couple TBSP of chopped fresh cilantro.
- Add 1 TBSP lemon or lime juice and mix well.
What is your favorite salad recipe? Stay tuned for Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe coming soon!