This fast chili recipe is a simple and delicious treat on a cool day. It can be made as spicy (or not) as you like and kids love it!
A trick that I always try is pureeing raw liver in the blender and adding it to this recipe to sneak in the nutrients of liver without my husband or kids knowing (don’t tell them!). [We buy grass fed liver here]
This recipe reheats really well and is a great bean-free chili recipe for those who avoid lectins or just don’t like beans. We also sometimes add a tablespoon of cinnamon and an ounce of dark chocolate plus a few teaspoons of honey instead of the chili powder and cumin to make a Cincinnati Style Chili.
- • 2 lbs ground turkey or beef, scrambled and seasoned with cumin and other desired seasonings
- • 2 cans diced tomatoes
- • 1 small can tomato sauce
- • 1 can tomato paste
- • 2 onions, finely chopped
- • 1 large red pepper, chopped (optional)
- • cumin, chili powder, garlic and other desired seasonings
- Scramble the meat until browned, season as desired with cumin, chili powder, garlic, etc
- Dice onions and sauté in same pan until slightly tender
- Do the same with pepper if using it
- Add all to larger pot
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste and more seasonings to taste
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until well warmed.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired
What is your favorite way to make chili? Ever put cinnamon and chocolate in yours?