This is an easy recipe, especially when peppers are in season. We usually make this with red bell peppers, but any color would work! For kids who don’t like bell peppers, just bake some of the filling in muffin tins and top with cheese and guacamole. This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and low carb.
- At least 2 Bell peppers (any color)- I suggest making 4 for leftovers
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped, or garlic powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or 1 fresh diced)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 raw eggs
- Spices of choice (I used cumin, chili, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, etc)
- Avocado or pre-made guacamole
- Salad or veggie of choice
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown meat in large skillet, add onion and garlic and cook 4 minutes, add zucchini and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add tomatoes, spices and eggs and mix well
- Cut tops off peppers but keep them. Scoop out seeds and spoon meat mixture into peppers (if you are only making 2, you will have extra meat, just make into meat type balls and cook with it)
- Bake in oven 30-40 minutes in glass baking dish until well heated and peppers are slightly browned. Keep an eye on them, this can happen fast.
- Top with guacamole and serve with salad.