“Coffee scrubs can be beneficial in reducing cellulite as well. The massage and exfoliation benefits skin by stimulating blood/lymph flow and the caffeine in the coffee has a tightening effect. Pinterest is speckled with accounts of coffee scrubs and wraps working for reducing cellulite and loose skin”
This sugar scrub combines some of my favorite natural beauty ingredients:
- Coconut Oil – For naturally nourishing skin (I used this one)
- Castor Oil – A naturally astringent oil that is great for skin tone (I also use it in my facial cleansing regimen… and by regimen, I mean super-simple one-step process that leaves skin feeling amazing)
- Coffee- The caffeine has a tightening and stimulating affect on skin and it is often used in anti-aging products
- Sugar- Bad inside the body but great on the outside as it naturally exfoliates
- Vanilla – Because it smells good
This simple scrub smells like a vanilla latte (thus the name) and leaves skin silky. It smells and looks sophisticated, but is incredibly simple and inexpensive to make. Since someone already asked, I bought the jar at Hobby Lobby, but it is very similar to this one.
- 1/4 cup finely ground dry coffee
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Place the coffee and sugar in a medium size bowl.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the oils and stir with a fork or the back of a spoon until well mixed and moistened.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as desired for soft skin. Especially good on legs for helping with cellulite.
What is your favorite natural beauty product? Do you make it yourself? Share below!