This isn’t one of the most visually appealing recipes to emerge from my kitchen, but one of the simplest! It’s a quick and easy take on spaghetti without the grains. It even got an un-prompted “This is actually pretty good,” from my Italian husband!
My favorite part… it only takes one (oven-safe) pan to make from start to finish and the kids all ate it!
Grain Free Spaghetti Recipe
This recipe uses shredded cabbage in place of spaghetti noodles for a nutrient rich substitution that is grain-free and gluten-free. Sounds strange but tastes great!
One Pan Spaghetti Recipe Over Cabbage Noodles (Grain Free!)
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a large oven safe skillet, brown the meat.
- While meat is browning, thinly slice the onions.
- When the meat is almost finished cooking, add the onions and cook until the meat is done.
- Thinly slice the cabbage into “noodle” thin pieces as you would for sauerkraut.
- Add the cabbage to the skillet and saute until softened. You may have to do this in several batches, returning it all to the pan when it is cooked down.
- Stir the spices and spaghetti sauce.
- If using cheese, sprinkle it on top and put the skillet into the preheated oven to melt the cheese.
- Remove and serve with salad and a garlic version of coconut flour biscuits. Salut!
Do you miss pasta? Ready to try a healthier alternative?