Wendy Powell has helped over 75,000 women worldwide with her MUTU system, a method that can help you naturally recover from all kinds of pelvic floor issues, incontinence, diastasis recti, and so much more.
I love her message that women do not have to accept these issues as normal or lifelong! In fact, they might be much easier to solve than you’d expect. Wendy goes deep on how some of the current advice on pelvic floor health can actually make these problems worse, and holistic solutions to try instead.
Take a listen and share with a friend… I’m sure you’ll agree all women need this information!
Episode Highlights With Wendy Powell
- Why even minor incontinence doesn’t have to be normal
- Jokes aside, why peeing when you sneeze isn’t normal
- The major thing missing from the conventional advice about pelvic floor health
- How pelvic floor issues can be from too tight of a pelvic floor
- Why the 6-week guideline for women to return to normal life needs reexamination
- The way the current medical climate has affected access to care for women struggling with pelvic floor issues
- What to do if sex hurts after pregnancy
- Special concerns for moms who work out of the home
- The lack of support most women face postpartum, and ideas to change this
- Why even women who haven’t given birth can need pelvic floor rehabilitation
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 415: Reversing Limiting Beliefs Such As I Am Not Enough With Marisa Peer
- 359: All About Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum, and Avoiding Mom Burnout With Midwife Diana Spalding From Motherly
- 235: Signs of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction & How to Stop Pelvic Pain Naturally With Isa Herrera
- 83: Beating Postpartum Depression & Pelvic Floor Care with Dr. Jolene Brighten
- 88: Pregnancy Exercise, Diastasis, and Pelvic Floor Health with Lorraine Scapens
- 20: Exercise, Movement & Pelvic Floor Health
- Kegel Exercises (+ Better Exercises for Pelvic Floor Health)
- Symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy (& Natural Ways to Protect Vaginal Health)
- How to Lose Weight: What Worked for Me to Lose 80+ Pounds
Do you struggle with pelvic health? Have you tried the MUTU system? Let us know what you think! Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by Flying Embers, a better-for-you alcohol brand that brews Hard Kombucha with probiotic-powered Hard Seltzer. All of their products are zero sugar, zero carbs, USDA certified organic, and brewed with live probiotics and adaptogens. They’re also all keto, gluten-free, vegan, and low in calories, so they’re a great option for a functional low-calorie drink that is delicious. I love their flavors. They have some really unique ones, like Grapefruit Thyme and Guava Jalapeno, and I’m a big fan of their Clementine Hibiscus. All of their products are artfully crafted with a dry fermentation process, which gives the Hard Kombucha a perfectly balanced natural sweetness that tastes amazing despite having zero sugar and carbs. We’ve worked out an exclusive deal just for you. Receive 15% off your whole order. To claim this deal, go to flyingembers.com/wellnessmama and use code WELLNESSMAMA at checkout and the discount is only available on their website. And they’re also available nationwide at grocery stores, anywhere you find beer and hard seltzers, but check out where to find them and get the discount, flyingembers.com/wellnessmama.
This episode is sponsored by Paleovalley, my go to source for grass fed probiotic rich beef sticks and now some of my favorite supplements as well. They have a vitamin C complex made with three of the most concentrated natural sources of vitamin C: amla berry, camu camu berry, and unripe acerola cherry. Each nutrient-packed serving delivers 750% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C – an amount meant to help you thrive, not just survive. Most other vitamin C supplements are derived from GMO corn and only contain one fraction of the vitamin – ascorbic acid. Our Essential C Complex contains the entire spectrum with absolutely no synthetic vitamin C… just organic superfoods! Check this and all of their products out and save 15% at paleovalley.com/mama