Thomas DeLauer is an author and health expert who is most noted for his own health transformation. He went from a 280-pound corporate executive to losing over 100 pounds and being on the covers of health and fitness magazines worldwide.
He is considered one of the world’s leading experts on the proper way to follow a ketogenic diet and has a popular YouTube channel where he reaches over 15 million people a month by answering questions about health, diet, and lifestyle optimization.
What’s more, a few months ago he got to add “Dad” to his resume when he and his wife welcomed their first son!
Thomas DeLauer on Weight Loss, Ketosis, & Reducing Inflammation
Like so many of us, Thomas’s success started by figuring out the keys to improving his own health. As Thomas discovered his own answers, he also helped his wife recover from Lyme disease and saw a commonality between the two: inflammation.
Following a cyclical ketogenic diet was key for both Thomas and his wife, but they also used targeted supplementation of anti-inflammatory substances to help support the body. Through this process, Thomas helped develop a potent anti-inflammatory turmeric substance that offers up to 185 times the absorption of plain turmeric: PuraThrive Curcumin Gold.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- how Thomas lost over 100 pounds in just a year — and transformed his life in the process
- the way inflammation impacts weight loss and how to keep inflammation down for good
- ways a ketogenic diet fights inflammation and other health hazards
- if a ketogenic diet is safe for women (and what should be adapted)
- how to cycle ketosis for best results
- ways to use fasting effectively to reduce inflammation
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- PuraThrive Curcumin Gold Supplement (use code “wellnessmama” for 10% off)
- Primal Kitchen mayo and dressings
- Kettle and Fire Bone Broth
Related Episodes & Reading
- Ketogenic Diet Benefits (& How to Do It The Right Way)
- My Experience With Water Fasting & Why I’ll Do It Again
- 134: Five Benefits of Fasting, Autophagy, Diet Variation & Cellular Healing with Dr. Daniel Pompa
- 227: Using the Metabolism Reset Diet to Support Liver Health
Special Thanks to Today’s Podcast Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Dry Farm Wines. This is the only wine I drink anymore. After researching and finding that many other wines contain added sugar, dyes (like ultra vita-mega purple), and filtering agents (including fish waters, egg whites and some other unsavory ingredients). Not mention things like sawdust to improve the taste! But the Dry Farm part is important too. The grapes used for their wine are not irrigated and without the water, they don’t get as big or as sweet, yielding higher nutrient and lower alcohol wines naturally. Their wines are lab-tested for purity to make sure that they are free of even trace amounts of pesticides and herbicides. And they are all sourced from small family dry farm vineyards all over the world. I absolutely love their wines and I find them to be less expensive than other high-quality wines. Wellness Mama listeners can get an extra bottle of wine for a penny at wellnessmama.com/go/wine.
This podcast is also brought to you by Homebiotic. We all know about our microbiome and most of us know about our oral microbiome and even our skin microbiome. But it’s easy to forget that we live in a microbial environment as well and our home environment influences our health too. The overuse of disinfectants and harsh cleansers has led to an overgrowth of less than optimal bacteria in many homes. Those of us with little kids have children sitting on the floor of our homes and interacting with that bacteria on a daily basis. So, my solution to this has been Homebiotic. This is a natural probiotic spray for the home that neutralizes odors, germs, and even mold. You can check it out at wellnessmama.com/go/home-biotic.