Have you ever met a friend online and had an instant connection? And then met in real life and realized that you could chat for hours over some healthy real food coffee?
That is how I feel about today’s podcast guest, Kelly (the Kitchen Kop), author of the book Real Food For Rookies. Kelly and I knew each other online for a while before we met in person, and I am happy to now call her a real life friend too!
In this episode, Kelly shares over a decade of practical tips and real food wisdom from her own journey and experience with real food.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- About Kelly’s own journey to real food
- What she learned when helping her kids learn to like real food
- Some simple switches that instantly increase the nutrition of common foods
- 10 common ingredients to avoid and 10 to consume more regularly
- Her number one trick for taking Fermented Cod Liver Oil without gagging
- Kelly’s favorite “fast foods” that you can make at home using real food ingredients
- Why she chose the name “Kitchen Kop”
Resources We Mention
- Book: Real Food for Rookies
- Kelly’s Recipes
- Kelly’s Real Food Resources
- Spiral Slicer Vegetable Noodle Maker
- Kelly’s Healthy “Fast Food” ideas
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this interview, please share with family and friends via email or using the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Rankings and reviews really matter in the rankings of my podcast and I greatly appreciate every review and read each one.
Thanks to Vital Proteins for sponsoring this episode of the Wellness Mama podcast. I use gelatin and collagen powder daily in cooking, baking, smoothies, hot drinks and as a supplement. Collagen helps reduce wrinkles and improve skin health, so this may be the reason that I often hear “You look too young to have five kids!” If you’ve never tried gelatin or collagen, I definitely recommend checking our Vital Proteins! Use the code VPWM10 to get a 10% discount off your order!