Today we’re talking all about whole bodyweight vibration, what that is, and how to use it to your advantage. Jason Conviser is an expert in sports medicine, metabolic syndrome, and fitness and wellness. He is one of the developers behind the Power Plate, which I’ve been using in my own home and with my kids. We talk about how to use this or any similar device for recovery, strength, bone health, endocrine health, and lymphatic drainage.
Granted, this episode is a little bit niche of a topic, but a really fascinating one. It’s my hope this technology will become more and more available in homes and gyms everywhere.
Episode Highlights With Power Plate
- What whole body vibration is and how it can be beneficial
- How vibration can dramatically increase the benefits of exercise and movement
- The difference between whole body vibration and other kinds of training
- Why a Power Plate can reduce the chance of injury during a workout or sports
- The link between vibration and healthier bones
- Why stimulating the lymphatic system is a good idea
- How to use the vibration plate to cool down after exertion (and reduce sore muscles)
- Practical ways to use the plate for specific physical ailments
- How I use the Power Plate with my kids
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 110: How Vibrational Frequencies Affect Our Daily Lives
- 427: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and Health Optimization Medicine With Dr. Scott Sherr
- Benefits of Wave Vibration and How to Try It at Home
- How to Improve the Vestibular System with Sensory Swings & Activities
- Health Benefits of Rebounding
Have you ever tried something like the Power Plate? What did you think? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Beekeeper’s Naturals. They’re a company on a mission to reinvent your medicine cabinet with clean, effective products that really, really work. They’ve created a whole hive of products, all sourced from bee products and immune-loving essentials so that you can feel your best all day every day. One of their products I especially love is called B.Chill. And it’s a CBD infused honey that I love and that my kids love, and it helps them sleep. It’s the ultimate combination of raw honey and hemp to help you get better R&R. And hemp is famous for its ability to help you unwind while raw honey supports restorative sleep. As an extra tip, a small sprinkle of salt on this honey really, really helps improve sleep. And unlike other relaxation alternatives, you can rest better knowing that there are no worrisome side effects, you won’t feel groggy the next day. And B.Chill is completely non-psychoactive. It contains 0% THC, so you can enjoy it anytime, anywhere, and share it with your kids. If you’re ready to give it a try, check out Beekeeper’s Naturals and save 15% on your first order by going to beekeepersnaturals.com/wellnessmama.
This episode is brought to you by Wellnesse, that’s Wellnesse with an “e” on the end- my new personal care product line of natural and good for you haircare, toothpaste, hand sanitizer and more. You’ve likely heard that much of what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body, which is a good reason to avoid harmful products, but you can also use this to your advantage by putting beneficial things on your body! Realizing that many of my closest friends still used certain conventional personal care products even though they’d cleaned up many other parts of their diet and home, I set out to create alternatives that outperformed the existing conventional options, with no harmful ingredients, and Wellnesse was born. Our good-for-you haircare and mineral rich toothpaste nourish your body from the outside in while you nourish it from the inside out, for amazing hair and teeth. Check it out at Wellnesse.com