If you know me, you probably know my friend Heather of Mommypotamus. We’re known for hanging out in the sauna together (usually over a glass of wine), talking about all of the highs and lows of blogging, parenting, building community, and life with kids.
I always joke that Heather and I think so much alike we must share a brain. Well, we’ve hatched an idea together and today we plan to share it with all of you!
We can’t wait to hear what you think and hope you’ll be as excited as we are!
Episode Highlights With Mommypotamus
- thoughts about the way we were raised… and what we want to pass on to our kids
- our favorite books that have helped shape our parenting and life goals
- the reason academic success isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
- how we found out failure isn’t something to fear
- our view on cell phones and kids (maybe not the most popular)
- the highs and lows of blogging, and what we’ve learned since this all began
- why being vulnerable is hard but worth it
- how we’re navigating big life changes… and what we’re finding out as we go
- AND one very big announcement we’ve been dying to share with you!
Resources We Mention
- Podcast: Meta Learning, Speed Reading, and How to Learn Faster With Jim Kwik
- Freakonomics podcast
- Operation Underground Railroad
- Oura Ring
- EMF Kill Switch
Our Favorite Books
- How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- Playborhood: Turning Your Neighborhood Into a Place to Play by Mike Lanza
- Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
- The Rise of Superman: Decoding the Science of Ultimate Human Performance by Steven Kotler
- Barefoot and Balanced: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children by Angela Hanscom
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
More From Wellness Mama & Mommypotamus
- 167: Lessons We Can Learn from Europe and Natural Wines
- 191: Understanding How Gaming Disorder & Gaming Addiction Are Affecting Our Kids
- 193: How to Protect Your Family From the Rise of 5G & Other EMFs
- 216: A Look Back: 9 Powerful Lessons I Learned the Hard Way This Year
- 9 Lessons We Can All Learn From Blue Zones
- How Your Phone Is Changing Your Brain
- 7 Books That Made Me a Happier, Better Parent
- Is EMF Exposure Really a Big Deal?
- You Can’t Out Supplement a Poor Diet
- Why Kids Should Pack Lunch
So… what do you think?! Are two Wellness Mamas better than one? What would you like to see us do next? We would love to hear your ideas! Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Rael, the new organic and natural feminine care brand that is completely redefining the world of menstrual products. Their three female founders came together after experiencing a lack of healthy and functional period pads and liners available most places. During their research, they found that pads and liners manufactured and sold by big drugstore brands were actually often made with extremely toxic ingredients like acetone, Styrofoam, and other carcinogens that you don’t want on your skin and especially not in a delicate place! They founded Rael, a company on a mission to give women safe and healthy alternatives that don’t sacrifice comfort or performance. Their pads and liners are sustainably made with 100% organic cotton, and they’ve become an Amazon Bestseller just a few months post-launch. They’ve since expanded their collection with biodegradable tampons, natural cleansers and wipes, menstrual underwear, and even a Period Beauty line featuring facial masks and acne patches designed specifically to alleviate hormonal skin issues. They’re excited to offer Wellness Mama listeners an exclusive discount to experience the difference firsthand: visit GetRael.com to learn more and enjoy 15% off your first purchase with code WELLNESSMAMA.
This podcast is sponsored by Thrive Market. Thrive is my source for many organic and natural foods on a budget. They carry many of my favorite brands like Primal Kitchen, Kettle and Fire, Mary’s Gone Crackers, and Simple Mills at a big discount. But my favorite thing is their line of Thrive Market brand products which are amazing quality and at a big discount off of name brands. Our family always stocks up on things like almond butter, coconut aminos, canned tuna and sardines, avocado oil mayo, raisins, nuts, grain free granola, spices, pasta sauce, chia seeds and all of our other pantry staples. Thanks to Thrive, we save money and always have what we need on hand. Just for being a Wellness Mama Podcast listener (thank you for that!), you can get an extra 25% off your first purchase plus a free 30-day membership to Thrive Market at Thrivemarket.com/Katie