One of the best parts about hosting a podcast is meeting so many amazing people who push themselves to be their best and influence the world. My guest today, Joel Runyon, has one of those stories! Joel is the creator of one of the best paleo and keto resources out there, called Ultimate Paleo Guide and Ultimate Meal Plan, as well as the daily movement and mobility coaching app, MoveWellApp.com. If that’s not enough, he also founded Impossible®, a performance lifestyle company focused on helping people push their limits and transform mindset through hard physical challenges.
And let me tell you, Joel has some experience in that arena! Incredibly, he became the youngest person in the world to run an ultramarathon on every continent, including Antarctica. He takes on crazy challenges all of the time in the name of health, growth, and zest for life.
He wasn’t always a successful entrepreneur and endurance athlete though. Quite the opposite! Take a listen to find out how he turned it all around. It might just give you some ideas about your own story…
Episode Highlights With Joel Runyon
- The life events that led Joel to his own personal rock bottom
- Why he turned to extreme sports to find his way out
- How the right mindset can solve 99% of a problem
- What difficult physical challenges can do for the mind and heart
- Why we shouldn’t want all of our challenges to go away
- The reasons a college education won’t always get you what you want
- Skills kids (and adults) need to excel in real life
- Ways to recreate your story and map a new future
- Key movements to try for your best flexibility and mobility in everyday life
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- The 777 Project (7 Ultra on 7 Continents)
- Chili Pad
- Sleep Induction Mat
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story by Donald Miller
More From Wellness Mama
- 273: The Power of Movement for Mind and Body With Aaron Alexander of The Align Podcast
- 230: Chalene Johnson on How to Protect Your Mindset & Live a Balanced Life
- 221: Natural Movement, Sustainable Fitness, and Lifelong Health With Dr. Mark Cucuzzella
- 106: Why to Stop Doing Kegels & Squat Instead with Katy Bowman
- 6 Natural Sleep Remedies (You May Not Have Tried)
- The Benefits of Autophagy & Ketosis
- 5 Horrible Exercise Excuses
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Fabletics, my current source for all my gym wear. In the last six months, I’ve discovered several new types of workouts that I’m loving. From group classes focused on flexibility, to high-intensity work, to underwater weight and breath training, I’ve been loving trying new things and Fabletics has activewear for all of this. And I wear one of their pieces pretty much every day. Their mission is to make affordable high-quality workout wear available to all of us, and I love being a VIP member, which unlocks special benefits. Here’s how it works… when you go to fabletics.com/wellnessmama and take a 60-second quiz, it matches you with a showroom of styles designed for your body type and workout type. Before I forget, Fabletics is offering my listeners an incredible deal you don’t want to miss: Get 2 leggings for only $24 ($99 value) when you sign up for a VIP. Just go to fabletics.com/wellnessmama to take advantage of this deal now. Also free shipping on orders over $49. International shipping is available and there is absolutely no commitment when you purchase your first order! Here’s a tip: make sure you enter your email address to get notified about new styles and special. I’ve found out about some amazing sales through that link. I also personally recommend the power hold leggings which are awesome for everything from lifting weights to yoga.
This podcast is brought to you by Four Sigmatic – that is my source for delicious coffees, teas, and elixirs that all contain beneficial medicinal mushrooms like lion’s mane, chaga, cordyceps, reishi, and others. These mushrooms have a long history of use and a lot of studies to back up their many benefits. I personally fell in love with all of their mushroom coffees and elixirs. The great part is they have caffeine-free options and coffee-based options with a little bit of caffeine so there’s literally a blend for any time of day. But the bonus is that there’s slightly less caffeine in their coffees than normal coffees, but with the addition of the medicinal mushrooms you get more of a brain boost without the jitters. I personally enjoy the mushroom coffee blends in the morning and I often sip relaxing (and sleep-promoting) reishi in the evening before bed. You can check out all of their products and grab a 15% discount at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama with the code WELLNESSMAMA.