I am here today with a dear friend and one of my mentors, Mark Sisson, who is the New York Times bestselling author of the Keto Reset Diet. He is now also the bestselling author of the Keto Reset Instant Pot Cookbook which is full of delicious recipes that are 100% tailored to a ketogenic diet. And you already know I love my Instant Pot!
You probably know Mark as the author of The Primal Blueprint and founder of Primal Kitchen, which is one of my favorite brands of condiments and mayo. He’s also a former world-class endurance athlete and one of the leading voices in the evolutionary health movement.
It all started with Mark’s popular blog, MarksDailyApple.com, which paved the way for many of us in the primal paleo and health worlds. He was one of the first to challenge conventional wisdom about diet and exercise principles and start a movement encouraging an attitude of personal responsibility toward health.
Episode Highlights: Instant Pot Tips for Healthy Eating
- How a ketogenic diet works and why you’d want to try it (Mark makes it so simple!)
- Why what you eat determines your gut biome
- Getting to a place of metabolic flexibility & how to find the sweet spot
- Whether or not keto is safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- How much fat is too much… and whether the kind of fat matters
- And more!
Resources We Mention
- Primal Kitchen
- Instant Pot
- The Keto Reset Instant Pot Cookbook
- The Keto Reset Diet Cookbook
- The Primal Blueprint
- Sometimes a Great Notion by Ken Kesey
More From Wellness Mama
- 465: Sara Gustafson on Physiological, Limbic, Somatic, Biochemical & Psychological Differentiation Levels
- 255: Dr. Valter Longo on a Fasting Mimicking Diet and Increasing Healthspan
- 116: How to Reboot Your Metabolism Using the Keto Reset Diet With Mark Sisson
- 98: Overcoming Orthorexia with Intuitive, Mindful Eating with Devyn Sisson
- 75: Rock the Instant Pot and Ferment Anything with Wardeh Harmon
- 143: Thomas DeLauer on Reducing Inflammation, Curcumin, Keto for Women, & Easy Weight Loss
- How to Do a Ketogenic Diet (& Is It Safe for Women?)
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker: Review + Recipes
- 2-Minute Healthy Mayonnaise Recipe (Paleo, Whole 30)
- Why Saturated Fat Is Not the Enemy (& Why We Need It)
- 7 Day Keto Meal Plan for Women (Ideas + Easy Recipes)
Instant Pot Recipes to Try
- Garlic Herb Pot Roast Recipe (Instant Pot)
- Butter Chicken Recipe (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Option)
- Fresh Spiced Apple Cider Recipe (Crock Pot or Instant Pot)
- Homemade Pho With Zoodles (Instant Pot Option)
- Classic Chicken and Rice Recipe (Instant Pot)
- Healthy Thai Chicken Curry (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (Keto Friendly)
Do you follow a ketogenic diet, or are you thinking about trying? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is sponsored by FuroHealth, a leading provider of cold plunge tubs, including the one I bought and have in my home. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a fan of being cold… so why sit around in cold water? For one thing, athletes have been using cold for recovery for years. Recently I’ve decided it would be a good idea to get back to powerlifting and sprinting. But the sore muscles! This tub is super easy to install because it plugs into a regular electrical outlet and keeps water consistently 42-58 degrees without needing ice.
While I originally started cold therapy for the physical benefits, I absolutely love the cognitive and mood benefits! I’ve noticed that I’m much more focused and productive on days I get cold, and often happier too. Ever jumped into cold water and spontaneously laughed? This is likely from the release of mood-boosting neurotransmitters that cold stimulates. Check out the tub I got and use daily at furohealth.com
This podcast is brought to you by Thrive Market. You already know I love them for so many reasons, but as we get close to holidays and all of the cooking and celebrations that go with it, Thrive makes my life so much easier! We almost always have company for every holiday so I pre-plan my meals and order all the bulk and non-perishable ingredients I’ll need from Thrive so I have them on hand. Their Thrive Market Brand line has all of the staples I need at much better prices than I can find locally and they make sure I’m always prepared to host a crowd. Here’s a tip: I keep a bunch of their almond flour, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon on hand so if we get invited to a holiday dinner, I can whip up a pumpkin pie in an hour or less and have it to take with us. Check them out and save 25% on your first order at thrivemarket.com/katie