Dr. Madiha Saeed, MD, is one of most joyful, inspiring people I know! I have no doubt you all will agree once you’ve met her on today’s podcast. She’s a mom and also a board-certified integrative holistic family physician. Online, Dr. Madiha is known as Holistic Mom MD and she specializes in making healthy living easy to understand and put into practice right in your home.
I love Dr. Madiha’s approach because it’s so practical and doable … take a listen and let me know if you agree!
The Holistic Rx from Dr. Madiha Saeed
If you’re wishing you could make an appointment, you’ll be glad to know Dr. Madiha recently published a book every mom should read called The Holistic Rx: Your Guide to Healing Chronic Inflammation and Disease. I had a chance to read it and it’s awesome. She explains so many chronic conditions kids and parents deal with today and explains step-by-step how to deal with each one.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- how to teach kids to care about growing a healthy mind and body
- an easy-to-understand explanation of what inflammation actually is (and how to heal it)
- practical ways to keep damaging hormones at bay
- tips for bargain shopping even when stocking a real-food, nutrient-dense pantry
- how Dr. Madiha handles sugar in her house (I can relate!)
- a simple explanation of methylation, a key detoxification process
- how environmental triggers turn on our genetic weaknesses (and ways to turn them off)
- the 4 areas to examine when healing disease — spiritual, sleep, social, stress
- scientifically backed benefits of a positive outlook (and how to foster it for free)
- the simple practice that can help your whole family learn gratitude
- stress management techniques that work for kids
- baby steps to get your whole family on a healthier path
- and more!
What would you ask Dr. Madiha? Have any tips for simplifying healthy living with a family? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments or leave me a review on iTunes. I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
Resources We Mention
Learn more about Dr. Madiha Saeed at HolisticMomMD.com
- The Holistic RX: Your Guide to Healing Chronic Inflammation and Disease by Dr. Madiha Saeed
Related Episodes & Reading
- Why My Kids Don’t Have a Night Light
- 3 Natural Detox Bath Recipes
- Natural Ways to Get Better Sleep (Even If You’re a Mom!)
- 89: Why Sleep Is More Important Than Diet and Exercise Combined with Shawn Stevenson
- The Harmful Effects of Sugar
- 14: Stop the Sugar Madness
- Simple Batch Cooking Meal Plan
- The Ultimate Guide to Meal Planning (for Families)
- 81: Meal Planning Tips to Simplify Your Life & Reduce Stress
- Kid-Friendly Meal Plan & Shopping List
- Thrive Market
Special Thanks to Today’s Sponsors
This podcast is brought to you by Vivos. This is something we recently invested in for our entire family and we are absolutely loving it and here is why. So, data shows that the nutrition we receive in utero determines our palate development and how narrow or open our airway and jaw structure are. So a narrow mouth, jaw and airway increase the chances of needing braces, of getting sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and much more. But it was pretty much assumed that your jaw structure was set in stone once you were born or for sure after the first couple of years of life. But Vivos has found that not only is this not true, but they created a non-invasive, non-surgical, easy way of widening the maxilla, the jaw and the airway. So for our kids, this means that they get to avoid the braces that my husband and I both had and for my husband, this means his sleep apnea has disappeared and he stopped snoring, which is a bonus for me. I’ll be writing more about this soon but you can check them out, in the meantime, at wellnessmama.com/go/vivos.
This podcast is also brought to you by Dry Farm Wines. This is the only wine I drink anymore. After researching and finding that many other wines contain added sugar, dyes (like ultra vita-mega purple), and filtering agents (including fish waters, egg whites and some other unsavory ingredients). Not mention things like sawdust to improve the taste! But the Dry Farm part is important too. The grapes used for their wine are not irrigated and without the water, they don’t get as big or as sweet, yielding higher nutrient and lower alcohol wines naturally. Their wines are lab-tested for purity to make sure that they are free of even trace amounts of pesticides and herbicides. And they are all sourced from small family dry farm vineyards all over the world. I absolutely love their wines and I find them to be less expensive than other high-quality wines. Wellness Mama listeners can get an extra bottle of wine for a penny at wellnessmama.com/go/wine.