Elite athlete and author of Beyond Training, Ben Greenfield, joins me in this podcast to talk about fitness for women, creating a truly natural home from the ground up and providing tips for raising active children.
Ben blogs at BenGreenfieldFitness.com about health, fitness and lifestyle. He lives with his wife and twin boys in Washington state where they sustainably homestead.
Ben’s approach to fitness and lifestyle is unique because he focuses both on elite performance and longevity and core health principles.
In this Episode, we Talk About
- Ben’s journey and his history as an elite performance athlete
- The mistakes that women make when working out
- Why women and men should work out differently
- A simple formula that women can use to figure out what type of exercise they should do
- How the timing of food and carbohydrates can make a big difference for fitness and sleep
- Ben’s natural home
- Why Ben doesn’t have Wifi in his house and why he has kill switches on the power in each room
- Ben’s functional and movement-oriented office
- How to create an inexpensive (or free) gym in your backyard
- The best natural air and water filters Ben found
- The way Ben uses natural light patterns to help his children sleep better and improve their circadian rhythms
- How hot and cold water therapy are beneficial
- How to workout with your children (and get a better workout!)
- Simple steps you can take to improve your health
Resources We Mention
- Book: Beyond Training
- Blog: BenGreenfieldFitness.com
- Podcast: Ben’s Podcast
- Article: How to Improve Sleep Naturally
- Article: Four Natural Sleep Remedies
- Article: How a light switch can help you lose weight
- Article: Why eating less doesn’t lead to fat loss
- 175: When Natural Doesn’t Mean Safe & Creating Non-Toxic Homes With Green Design Center
What are you biggest struggles with fitness or in creating a healthy or natural home?