You’re the CEO of your child’s health.
This simple and powerful statement by Ryan and Teddy Sternagel certainly caught my attention recently. It sums up a powerful lesson they learned from a difficult journey. I’m so grateful they’re here to share not only what parents in this situation can do to fight cancer, but also ways to help reduce kids’ risk in the first place.
If you are in this situation or know someone who is, or if you just want to know what you can do to protect your kids (as much as any parent can), this episode is for you.
Fighting Childhood Cancer (With All We’ve Got)
At age one, Ryan and Teddy’s son Ryder was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer. By combining the best of conventional and alternative cancer treatments Ryan and Teddy were able not only to help their son, but now also contribute to a greater solution for all kids and families through their amazing website and podcast, My Kid Cures Cancer.
Thankfully, this story has a happy ending and Ryder is doing amazingly well! The Sternagel family’s story serves as a shining example of how hard a mom and dad will fight for their child’s health.
Prayers and hugs to all of you out there personally affected by cancer and fighting this hard battle.
In This Episode You’ll Learn
- how Ryan and Teddy Sternagel learned of their son’s diagnosis, and their untiring fight to save him
- statistics on conventional cancer treatment success rates in children
- ways conventional and alternative cancer treatments can co-exist
- how much choice parents actually have in their child’s treatment
- what the statistics say (and don’t say) about the success of conventional cancer treatments
- ways parents can cope with difficult (paralyzing) medical decisions
- how to start a family lifestyle of wellness and detoxification at home to reduce cancer risk
- simple ways to create a safer home environment with fewer toxins and carcinogenics
- and more!
Resources We Mention
Follow Teddy and Ryan Sternagel and their work at MyKidCuresCancer.com
Don’t forget to sign up for their free Ultimate Healthy Home Checklist!
- rebounders (mini-trampoline – budget model or this upgraded version)
- at-home saunas
- wave vibration (try the MyoBuddy or the Rapid Release)
- air purifier
- water filter system
- shower filter
- EMF meter and EMF filters
- programmable outlet timer (cut WiFi exposure in half)
- kids’ blue blocking glasses
- orange salt lamps
Books the Sternagels Recommend
- Killing Cancer, Not People (great place to start)
- Cancer Free! Are You Sure? (on alternative ways to test for cancer)
- Cancer-Free: Your Guide to Gentle, Non-Toxic Healing (great introductory resource)
- Cancer Step Outside the Box (for those who know the basics and want to go deeper)
Related Episodes & Articles
- 3 Natural Detox Bath Recipes
- How to Reduce Chemicals in Bath Water
- The Benefits of Bentonite Clay
- Benefits of Wave Vibration and How to Try It at Home
- Health Benefits of Rebounding
- The Best Houseplants for Purifying Indoor Air
- Why You Should Wear Blue Blocking Glasses
- 120: Reducing EMFs: A Real-Life Approach (with Dr. Libby Darnell)
- 73: The Truth about EMFs and WiFi (with Daniel DeBaun)
- 13: Vitality and Healthy Children (with Dr. Pedram Shojai)
- 169: From Advanced Stage Cancer to Remission in 7 Months on a Quest to Cure Cancer
Have you or someone you love fought cancer? Did you try any natural or alternative methods that helped? Please share!
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please spread the word or leave a review the podcast on iTunes. This helps more moms find the podcast and keep the conversation going. I read each and every comment, and my guests often do too and might answer your questions!
This Episode’s Podcast Sponsors are:
This podcast is brought to you by MyoBuddy. This thing is one of my daily ways to relax because it combines the benefits of infrared heat, percussive massage, and vibrational therapy for what I can only describe as a mixture of deep tissue massage and myofascial release all in one device. It has really reduced my muscle tension and my need for massage. Athletes use it for faster recovery and many people with conditions like MS or chronic fatigue use this for muscle relief. Find out more at wellnessmama.com/go/myobuddy and be sure to use the code MAMA18 to get $100 off!
This episode is also brought you to by Joovv. This red light therapy device has become an integral part of my daily routine and here’s why. Joovv lights increase ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate Production) through specific red light wavelengths. This is a big deal since ATP is responsible not just for energy, but pretty much everything that happens in your body. Also known as photobiomodulation, this well documented therapy benefits skin health, energy levels, recovery after injury or surgery, and thyroid health (which is what I’m using it for). Bonus: It’s also anti-aging since it increases collagen production and hair growth and reduces hair loss. You can check it out at wellnessmama.com/go/joovv.