EMF is an invisible but growing problem as our world becomes increasingly connected. Not everyone agrees, but the rise in EMFs in our environment in the last several decades is starting to have a noticeable effect on our health. Geobiologist Brian Hoyer explains the worst sources of EMF exposure and what to do about them.
Episode Highlights With Brian Hoyer
- the difference between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation
- how EMFs impact the body and what we need to be careful about
- how voltage-gated calcium channels help us understand how EMFs affect the body
- the connection between EMFs and cortisol
- the things Brian looks for when he does an EMF assessment of a home
- three types of fields found in most homes and how they impact health
- the tangible changes he has seen in clients just by changing EMF exposure
- the reason to avoid grounding products until you’ve mitigated EMFs
- what meters to use to measure EMFs and what to look for
- and more!
Resources We Mention
- AntennaSearch.com (look up towers near a home)
- EMF Kill Switch
- TriField EMF meter
- ENV RD-10 meter
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Signs and Symptoms From a Function Perspective by Dicken Weatherby, ND
- Overpowered: The Dangers of Electromagnetic Radiation and What You Can Do About It by Martin Blank
More From Wellness Mama
- 193: How to Protect Your Family From the Rise of 5G & Other EMFs
- 178: A Pediatrician Explains How EMF Kill Switches Can Protect Our Children
- 154: Understanding and Mitigating EMFs in the Home With Peter Sierck From EMFRF
- 73: The Truth About EMFs, WiFi, and Radiation (+ How to Avoid Them!)
- Is EMF Exposure Really a Big Deal?
Do you do anything in your home to mitigate EMFs? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well!
Thank You to Today’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Thrive Market– my go-to shop for all natural and organic foods, especially around the holidays. We live in a somewhat small town that a lot of people visit and local stores often sell out, or just don’t carry, many of the organic foods we use daily. We always visit local farmers when possible but Thrive Market is my secret for always keeping our pantry stocked with the bulk ingredients, non-perishable foods and specialty items we keep on hand. This time of year, I make sure to place a bulk order at least once a month. This lets me take advantage of the free shipping and makes sure I always have my pantry stocked for last minute guests, party invites, and holiday cooking. Make sure to check out the Thrive Market line for the best prices on everything from tuna to applesauce, and spices to household items and everything in between. Just for being a Wellness Mama Podcast listener, you can get an extra 25% off your first purchase plus a free 30-day membership to try it out. Check out Thrive Market at thrivemarket.com/katie
This podcast is sponsored by Joovv– a company pioneering at-home use of red light therapy. Also called photobiomodulation, this revolutionary therapy uses specific wavelengths of red light to create a biochemical effect in our cells that serves to increase mitochondrial function. This improves ATP (adenosine (ah-den-o-zine) triphosphate) production in the body. ATP is the source of energy for every cell in the body. Without it, we don’t function at all. Without enough of it, we don’t function well. For this reason, some of the documented benefits of red light therapy include me of the documented benefits of light therapy include: improved skin health and complexion, increased collagen production, muscle recovery, reduced joint pain and inflammation, reduction of wrinkles, and faster healing. There is also some evidence it can benefit the thyroid, which is why I use it daily. You can learn more and get a free gift with any purchase at joovv.com/wellnessmama with the code wellnessmama.