Do you turn to coffee every morning? Or feel like you just don’t have enough energy most days? If so, this episode with Ari Whitten is for you! You’ll also want to hear his controversial take on adrenal fatigue.
Ari Whitten and the Energy Blueprint
Ari Whitten is a best-selling author and the creator of the Energy Blueprint system. He is an energy and fatigue specialist who focuses on taking an evidence-based approach to energy enhancement. For the last three years, he’s worked with the world’s top fatigue researchers to develop the most comprehensive program in the world on the science of overcoming fatigue and increasing energy — The Energy Blueprint.
Now, he’s helped thousands of people reclaim their energy, beat fatigue, and increase mental clarity. He also takes an alternative approach to the idea of adrenal fatigue. Here’s what I mean…
The common idea of adrenal fatigue goes like this: Our adrenal glands create stress hormones to respond to stress. Normally this system works just fine, but if the stress becomes chronic, the adrenal glands get tired and “fatigued” so they can’t produce enough cortisol to keep up with the demands.
Ari’s well-researched approach looks at a different cause and a different approach than most sources and with spectacular results. He also challenges the free radical theory of aging and the adrenal/cortisol theory of fatigue.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn
- Why Ari doesn’t believe in “adrenal fatigue” and what he thinks actually causes those symptoms
- His comprehensive analysis of the science related to adrenal fatigue
- How to actually support the adrenals so they function optimally
- The real issue behind chronic fatigue and why cortisol and adrenals are not the main issue
- A new way to think about stress and why just removing stress isn’t enough
- The reason antioxidants may not be all they are cracked up to be
- When antioxidants can actually be more harmful than helpful
- The two phases of being healthy and how to use them both to your advantage
- Specific advice for women when it comes to fasting, lifting heavy weights and supporting the adrenals
- What Ari’s research shows about carbs and how many we need
- How hot and cold exposure are beneficial
- The way red light improves fatigue
- Hormesis: how low levels of stress (like exercise and fasting) can be good for you
Resources We Mention
- Ari’s website, The Energy Blueprint
- Joovv Red Light Therapy for Photobiomodulation
- The Forever Fat Loss Diet (Ari’s book)
- Ari’s Free ‘Double Your Energy’ Masterclass Series
- Adrenal Fatigue Does Not Exist: A Systematic Review (Study)
For More on This Topic, See:
- How to Improve Sleep Naturally
- 4 Natural Sleep Remedies That Work
- How to Create a Perfect Sleep Environment
- How to Manipulate Blue Light to Improve Health
- Why I Wear Orange Sunglasses at Night
- Health Benefits of Sauna Use
- 94: Low Level Red Light Therapy for Cellular Health and Healing
A Big Thank You to Today’s Podcast Sponsors!
This podcast is brought to you by Vivos. This is something we recently invested in for our entire family and we are absolutely loving it and here is why. So, data shows that the nutrition we receive in utero determines our palate development and a narrow mouth, jaw, and airway increase the chances of needing braces, of getting sleep apnea, breathing difficulties and much more. Vivos created a non-invasive, non-surgical, easy way of widening the maxilla, the jaw, and the airway. For our kids, this means that they get to avoid the braces that my husband and I both had. For my husband, this means his sleep apnea has disappeared and he stopped snoring, which is a bonus for me! I’ll be writing more about this soon but you can check them out in the meantime at wellnessmama.com/go/vivos.
This episode is also sponsored by Four Sigmatic. You’ve heard me talk about Four Sigmatic before because I love their coffees, teas, and hot chocolates. They’re delicious combinations of coffee, cocoa, and adaptogen herbs, now with the benefits of Chaga, Cordyceps, and Lion’s Mane for an extra brain boost and clean energy. My longtime favorite is their instant coffee but lately I’ve also really been enjoying their caffeine-free blends. Try out all of these delicious drinks at foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and make sure to use the code WELLNESS MAMA to get 15% off of your order.