In natural health circles, it is common to hear that ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is over-diagnosed and that too many children are being medicated for “just being kids.”
John Gray, famous for his bestseller “Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus,” would agree that too many children are medicated, but he believes that ADHD is actually under-diagnosed.
Gray struggled with ADHD most of his life before finding relief and became an expert in natural health in the process. Though he is known as a relationship expert, he has spent the past 15 years researching and becoming an expert in natural health after receiving (and eventually reversing) a Parkinsons diagnosis.
Now, he has written a book called Staying Focused In A Hyper World: Natural Solutions For ADHD, Memory And Brain Performance, that details the steps he used to help recover from ADHD and Parkinsons and resources he has used to help many other people recover as well.
In This Episode, We Discuss
- Why Gray says ADHD is under-diagnosed
- The different types of ADHD and why the differences are important
- Why reducing a fever may lead to ADHD and other problems
- How EMFs affect us, especially those with underlying brain issues
- Why oxidative stress affects the brain and the rest of the body
- Practical solutions if your child has ADHD (the answer might be in the bath tub?)
- Why Glutathione is the master nutrient for the brain and how to get enough
- How giving your children a hot (103 degree) bath every other day can help
- Why 20 minutes of sunshine each day is so important
- So much more.
Resources from this Episode
- MarsVenus.com (John’s website)
- Book: Staying Focused In A Hyper World: Natural Solutions For ADHD, Memory And Brain Performance
- Post: Why I don’t Reduce a Fever (and what I do instead)
- Post: The Master Antioxidant- Glutathione
- Supplement: Liposomal Glutathione
- Supplement: 2AEP Membrane Complex
- Supplement: The multivitamin I give my children with b-vitamins
- Post: Water Filter Reviews
- The water filter we use
- Dechlorinating bath ball
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for joining me this week. Please leave any comments or feedback in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this interview, please share with family and friends via email or using the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review of the podcast on iTunes. Rankings and reviews really matter in the rankings of my podcast and I greatly appreciate every review and read each one.
Thanks to Vital Proteins for sponsoring this episode of the Wellness Mama podcast. I use gelatin and collagen powder daily in cooking, baking, smoothies, hot drinks and as a supplement. Collagen helps reduce wrinkles and improve skin health, so this may be the reason that I often hear “You look too young to have five kids!” If you’ve never tried gelatin or collagen, I definitely recommend checking our Vital Proteins! Use the code VPWM10 to get a 10% discount off your order!