Today I’m here with my dear friend Marisol and the topic is all about castor oil. Marisol is a world expert on the topic and founder of Queen of Thrones, a maker of heatless, less-mess castor oil packs.
You may not think there’s that much to cover about castor oil, but it has an amazing array of benefits! Castor oil has uses ranging from beauty to hormones to health and so much more. I’ve used castor oil before to help grow my eyelashes (with great success!) and for a few other things, but after our chat today, I learned of even more ways to use it!
Marisol shares how castor oil is uniquely good for the skin because it penetrates the dermis (many oils can’t). This makes it a great option for post-tattoo care, skin elasticity, and oil cleansing. Its benefits are more than skin deep though.
Castor oil can also help break down hard to remove biofilms from pathogens in the body, help with hormone balance, and liver injuries, and give the lymphatic system a boost. We cover a wide array of castor oil benefits and practical ways you can start incorporating it into your daily routine. So let’s dive in!
Episode Highlights With Marisol
- Why she says she has a health retreat addiction and her favorite one to date
- What makes castor oil so unique from a health perspective
- Castor oil as the number one thing in an at-home pharmacy or beauty cabinet
- Why castor oil is considered the master carrier oil
- How castor oil can transport things into deeper levels of the skin
- Can castor oil improve collagen and elasticity of skin?
- How castor oil can increase nitric oxide production
- The way castor oil can break down biofilms and help the microbiome
- How to use castor oil on the eyes at night to support both eyelashes and healthy eyes
- Tips for using natural oils to promote thicker, stronger hair
- 7 essential oils for hair growth
- How to use castor oil to wash your face and combine with lymphatic massage of the face
- A simple remedy you can make with castor oil and baking soda (one-to-one) to help with bug bites and small cuts or rashes
- What castor oil packs are and what they can help with
- Castor oil pack recommendations for hormones, liver, and injuries
- How to do “wet” dry brushing with castor oil for better skin
- Castor oil for scars and post tattoo care
- What to look for in a high quality castor oil
Resources We Mention
- Queen of Thrones – Castor Oil and Castor Oil Packs
- 272: Dr. Marisol Teijeiro on Castor Oil for Digestion, Health, & Beauty
- Hair Therapy Essential Oil from Plant Therapy
- The Bible
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- The Game of Life by Florence Scovel Shinn