I’m here with Dr. Sandi today, a licensed clinical psychologist who is also board certified in functional medicine. She’s the founder and CEO of the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy where she helps train people to become functional medicine coaches. Not only is she a leader and educator in this field, but a pioneer in using breathwork and biofeedback.
And in today’s episode, we talk about her journey to where she’s at now and what she’d go back and change if she could. We cover how making healthy choices can cause tension in our relationships, and how to overcome this. As well as some of her top lessons from 50 years of marriage, raising children, and now having grandchildren.
We also talk about the booming health coach industry and how to start on that path if you’re interested. And even if you’re not, how to learn and grow to be our own healthiest versions of ourselves. I really enjoyed our conversation today, and I’m sure you will too!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Sandi
- How she once taught disco dancing
- Her different approach to clinical psychology and why she doesn’t like focusing on the “what’s wrong with me” but on what the strengths are
- Why positive psychology is not happyology and why this difference is important
- How her psychological approach is different and how it relates to health
- A tribute to her mentor: how to refuse to make yourself miserable about anything
- The things that bug us about our partner can actually lead to a good long-term relationship
Resources We Mention
- Functional Medicine Coaching: Stories from the Movement That’s Transforming Healthcare by Sandra Scheinbaum
- Stop Panic Attacks in 10 Easy Steps by Sandra Scheinbaum
- Dr. Sandi – Website
- How to Stubbornly Refuse to Make Yourself Miserable about Anything: Yes Anything! by Albert Ellis Ph.D
- The Will to Meaning: Foundations and Applications of Logotherapy by Viktor E. Frankl
Join the Conversation...