Today I’m here with Dr. Cassie Huckaby, a naturopathic physician who started off in the allopathic world. After experiencing her own health struggles she started questioning what she was taught and found a different path. Our chat today is a deviation from what I usually cover on the podcast, but in a good way.
Dr. Cassie believes that life is our medicine and talks about the power of belief. She helps her patients and other people realize their true potential for optimal health. Her approach really flips most medical approaches on their heads and asks questions to get to the core truths.
Our bodies naturally go through a daily process of healing themselves and symptoms are a sign that they are doing just that. Instead of suppressing and trying to alter these symptoms, Dr. Cassie helps people ask better questions to get better answers.
Today’s episode was a very fascinating conversation and I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
Episode Highlights With Dr. Cassie
- Her personal story with healing and how she got into the work she does
- Why curiosity is one of the most potent medicines there is and why to approach everything with childlike curiosity
- A different way to think about labs
- Why not to let a diagnosis be part of your identity
- What the placebo affect really shows us about the power of the mind
- Right and true are not always the same thing… and truth is what sets you free
- A truth is something that is undeniable, there is no exception to it
- How to learn to ask more beautiful questions to get better answers
- The one commonality with everyone she has seen experience a “medical miracle” for healing
Resources We Mention
- Grit Natural Medicine
- Dr. Huckaby – Instagram
- David Whyte: Essentials
More From Wellness Mama
- 440: Dr. Ari Langdon on Working Through Trauma & Understanding the Mind/Body Connection
- 491: Peter Crone on Freedom From the Prisons of the Subconscious Mind
- 607: Marie Forleo on Everything Is Figureoutable, Improving Your Mindset, and Becoming a Time Genius
- 309: How I Overcame Trauma (and Lost 50 Pounds)
Discussion (3 Comments)
Stephanie Cox Marchbanks
Hello. I loved this episode, and listened on repeat. I did see a visual clip on yours and Cassie’s Instagram, which is how I found your podcast. Is there a visual version of this podcast episode available for viewing? Thank you. ?
Under the “Subscribe” section above there’s a link to Katie’s videos on YouTube. This one isn’t up there yet, but it might be in the future. https://www.youtube.com/@KatieWellnessMama
Thank you! It’s not up yet, but yes, I’ll check back. Kind regards…