If you’ve listened to my podcast for very long, you’ve probably heard me talk about magnesium before. It’s a recurring topic on this show (and in my blog) and supplementing with magnesium is one of my non-negotiables. There are literally tens of thousands of studies on magnesium, the fourth most abundant mineral in our bodies. Unfortunately, almost all of us are deficient in it and many consider magnesium deficiency to be the biggest health crisis of our time. So getting enough is pretty important!
While the magnesium discussion keeps coming up, research is continuing and there are plenty of different voices in the conversation. Today I’m going to give you the Cliff Notes version of magnesium, why it’s so important, and what I personally use. We’ll also get a quick rundown of magnesium facts and current research to shed some light on this super important mineral.
As always, this is for educational purposes only and a jumping off point if you will. I encourage everyone to do their own digging, ask questions, and consult with their health practitioner as needed.
Episode Highlights From Katie
- What is magnesium and why is it important?
- Why are so many people deficient in this important mineral?
- What are the many benefits of magnesium?
- How magnesium plays a role in workouts, power, and recovery.
- Other benefits of optimal levels include better mood, lower inflammation, better sleep, and stronger bones.
- Some easy sources of magnesium: Leafy green vegetables, sea vegetables, kelp, and nettle.
- How I’m getting enough magnesium and what I’m using.
- BiOptimizers MagBreakthrough
- Jigsaw Health Mag SRT
- Magnesium Lotion
- Just Thrive K2-7
- Patreon – Join me for exclusive content and Q&As
More From Wellness Mama
- 596: Morley Robbins on Magnesium, Stress, Mineral Balance and the Root Cause Protocol
- 614: Morley Robbins on Thyroid Health, Retinol, Magnesium, and the Real Story of Aging
- 341: Q&A With Katie: Motivation, Magnesium, Homeschooling & Parenting Teens
- 034: All About Topical Magnesium
- 564: Chris Kresser on Nutrient Deficiencies & Why the Way We Think About Health Needs to Change
- Top 10 Signs & Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
- Are You Low on Magnesium?
- Stress Relieving Magnesium Foot Soak Recipe