Today I’m talking with Dr. Chloe Weber, a CBD expert, doctor of Chinese medicine, and fellow mom. After her son was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder, it sent her down a different path where she started her own herbal business, Radical Roots.
I’ve done a decent amount of self-study on Chinese medicine (TCM) and acupuncture, so I’m excited to finally get to talk more about this with you on the podcast! Today we’re covering how TCM differs from the Westernized approach to medicine and how we can use these formulas to help all of the different systems in our bodies achieve their maximum potential.
Chloe’s herbal formulas are really unique because they combine the power of full spectrum CBD with the TCM herbs. CBD naturally works synergistically with our body and directly ties to our endocannabinoid system. Literally, every immune cell in our body has an endocannabinoid receptor! We talk about the powerful benefits of CBD (especially combined with herbs), and why it’s so often misunderstood and misused.
Today’s episode was really a fun one to record, and I hope you learn as much as I did!
Episode Highlights With Chloe Weber
- How her own rare tropical disease and her son’s rare genetic disease have given her a unique perspective on life
- How acupuncture fits into Chinese medicine
- The difference in the Chinese medicine approach compared to western medicine and why it requires a different level of understanding of the body
- Why acupuncture works
- The three different types of herbs in Chinese medicine: tonic, acute, and the in-between
- Specific herbs and how to use them as a mom
- How herbs work synergistically with CBD
- What terpenes are and how they work these products work better
- Why the endocannabinoid system is our master regulator
Resources We Mention
- Radical Roots (Use code wellnessmama for a discount)
- Tao Te Ching
More From Wellness Mama
- 483: Mark Wolynn on Why It Didn’t Start With You, Inherited Trauma & How We Heal
- 280: Dr. Mary Bove on Using Adaptogens & Herbal Supplements to Manage Stress
- 551: Mollie McGlocklin on Sleep Is a Skill + Chronobiology and Circadian Rhythm
- 11 Benefits of CBD Oil (Cannabidiol) & Why It’s Not What You Think
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Join the Conversation...