This episode is on a topic you might not have heard of but that could have an extremely negative effect on your health. I’m here with Jeffrey Smith, whose name you may know as he is a leading spokesperson on the health dangers related to GMOs. To call him an expert is an understatement!
Jeffrey authored two global best-sellers, directed five films, delivered thousands of lectures and interviews in 45 countries, and organized grassroots and governmental initiatives around this topic. He now leads the global Protect Nature Now coalition.
This must-listen episode identifies serious and potentially irreversible hazards from new genetic engineering techniques and how they could profoundly impact plant life on Earth, the climate, and even the future of diseases.
Episode Highlights With Jeffrey Smith
- What are gene-edited microbes and why they are an existential threat
- How one genetically engineered microbe near-miss could have ended terrestrial plant life
- The story of how altering a microbe to save strawberry plants could have altered weather patterns
- What can we do to help guard against some of the really extreme consequences to this new genetically engineered microbes research
- Why we need governments across the world help to regulate gene editing
- How 10 generations of mice were affected when the parent mouse was gene edited
- What can we do to prevent genetically engineered microbes, insects, grasses, and trees
- How a plan called Protect Nature Now is impacting legislature
- What the future looks like if we don’t begin to regulate
- Gene knockout in a food and how could it impact our health
- Ways we can protect ourselves and our families on a smaller scale (hint: eat organic!)
- How moms play a key role and influence societal change
- And more!
Resources We Mention
More From Wellness Mama
- 257: Secret Ingredients in Our Food: The Truth About GMOs
- 133: GMOs, Glyphosate, Organic Food & What’s Making Our Children Sick
- 35: GMOs & How to Test for Glyphosate
- 318: Fecal Microbiota Transfer (FMT) for Gut Health and Autism
- 205: Everything You Need to Know About GMOs, Glyphosate, and Gut Health With Dr. Zach Bush
- How the Home Microbiome Impacts Health (& How to Improve It)
- Is Organic Food Worth The Price? What the Label Really Means
Did you enjoy this episode? Please drop a comment below or leave a review on iTunes to let us know. We value knowing what you think and this helps other moms find the podcast as well.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
This episode is brought to you by Four Sigmatic, the mushroom superfood company I’ve been raving about for years! They have many products that have become beloved staples in our home, but a few I love most are the Lion’s mane coffee packets for the morning, and their reishi elixir packets before bed to help with sleep. I’m also really enjoying their protein powder right now. They have a peanut butter flavor that’s delicious on its own blended with water, and is packed with beneficial mushrooms. I often make a protein shake on busy mornings or after a workout and love the convenience and brain/energy boost. Check out my favorite products and all of their products by going to Foursigmatic.com/wellnessmama and use the code wellnessmama to save 10%.
This episode is sponsored by Wellnesse, that’s Wellness with an “e” on the end… my all-natural personal care line. Our whitening toothpaste is a mineralizing blend of natural ingredients that supports oral health naturally. It’s based on the original recipe I developed over a decade ago, and has been through almost a hundred iterations to create the best natural toothpaste available. Many types of toothpaste contain ingredients you might find in paint and that you certainly don’t want in your mouth, but ours is enamel friendly and oral biome friendly to keep your teeth and gums happy all day long! Check out the whitening toothpaste and all of our products, including our natural “hair food” haircare at Wellnesse.com.