Now that it is finally spring, we’re eating a lot of salads! I recently posted my new favorite salad dressing recipe that is an imitation of the ginger dressing at a local Japanese restaurant and this is the salad that I usually eat with it…
The imitation ginger dressing alone brings an incredible amount of flavor to this salad. The fermented beats, raisins and sunflower seeds add other great flavors for a filling and very satisfying salad.
I’d recommend the dressing on any salad, even if you don’t like any of the ingredients in this particular salad variation. I love making this salad ahead of time for lunches by putting the meat, dressing and nuts on the bottom of a quart size mason jar and adding the other ingredients on top. Storing with an airtight lid will keep it good for several days in the fridge so it is ready whenever you need a fast lunch.
It isn’t fancy, but it is a very colorful and flavorful meal and even my kids enjoy it.
Asian Color Burst Salad
A colorful and simple salad that is refreshing and filling for a healthy meal! Ingredients are per-person.
- 2 handfulls of salad greens of choice
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds or other nuts of choice (preferably pre-soaked and toasted)
- small handful of raisins or other dried fruit
- 4 ounces of pre-cooked meat of choice (great use for leftover chicken or beef)
- 1/4 cup fermented beets (optional but delicious) Here is the recipe to make your own or you can buy pre-made here.
- optional- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- Top with Asian Coconut Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Place salad greens on a large plate and top with sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped meat, fermented beets, carrots and dressing.
What is your favorite salad? Share below!