I’ve written about natural homemade makeup options before, but I wanted to share a specific recipe for homemade blush as I only vaguely touched on this before.
Cosmetics are a major source of exposure to toxins for many people, and making your own cosmetics and adopting a natural skin care routine for your skin type can go a long way toward reducing this exposure.
DIY Natural Blush Tutorial
Homemade cosmetics are easier than you would expect to make yourself and herbal ingredients are actually good for the skin and don’t expose the body to a bevy of toxins.
Natural Blush Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Hibiscus Powder
- An air-tight container for storage
Natural Blush Instructions:
- As with any homemade make-up recipe, the amounts vary by person. You’ll have to experiment with quantities of each ingredient to find the shade that works for you. I always start with a base of about 1/2 tsp of arrowroot and darken as needed, testing on my inner arm as I go.
- When you get your desired shade, store in a small jar or old makeup shaker and use as needed.
Other Natural Make-up Recipes:
Not a fan of powdered makeup?
You can also make a natural creme blush with this recipe.
If you want to switch to a completely natural makeup routine, you can also check out these tutorials:
- Liquid Foundation Recipe
- Natural Concealer and Highlighter
- Tinted facial lotion
- Powdered foundation tutorial
Ever made your own makeup? How did it go? Share below!