I’ve worked hard to help my children learn to love most vegetables at an early age, and for the most part, they eat almost any vegetable plain, roasted, or in a dish, but I also enjoy finding new and fun ways to prepare vegetables for our family.
Tater tots were a very occasional treat when I was growing up, and these zucchini fritters are similar to tater tots or hash browns in taste but are more nutritious. They are also very simple to make and reheat well and leftovers are great in omelets or with an over-easy egg for breakfast!
I serve with homemade ketchup for the kids and I like them topped with an over easy egg.
Easy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a baking sheet or muffin tin.
- Grate the zucchini with a box grater or food processor.
- Add the salt and squeeze very tightly with a towel to get the excess liquid out.
- Put in a medium sized bowl.
- Grate the onion and add to the bowl.
- Add the eggs, Parmesan cheese, almond flour, and spices and mix until combined.
- Put Tablespoon size amounts of the mixture onto the baking sheet or fill the muffin tins ½ full.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until tops and sides are starting to brown.
- Serve alone or with homemade ketchup. Can also pan fry in coconut oil for a crispier outer coating.
Want other ways to use zucchini? Try these recipes:
- Creamy Lemon Tarragon Zucchini
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Stuffed Zucchini Sausage Boats
- Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
Are you a zucchini fan? How do you prepare it? Share below!