Need a delicious summer treat without the added sugar and chemicals? Make this real fruit sorbet recipe! With some coconut milk or fresh fruit juice and pureed fruit you can easily make a delicious sorbet without the added sugar and preservatives.
This is a great way to make use of seasonal produce, especially while peaches and berries are in season.
Note: The recipe below provides instructions for making this with just a blender or food processor and the freezer, but it would also be great to make this in an ice cream maker. We have this one and it works really well for this recipe or any homemade ice cream recipe.
Fruit Smoothie Sorbet
- 2 cups seasonal fruit fresh or frozen
- 1 banana for smooth texture optional
- 1 cup coconut milk or fresh fruit juice
- In a large blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. It should still be a thick puree.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze 1-2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and re-blend or puree with hand blender to get smooth consistency.
- Return to freezer for another 1-2 hours until soft set.
Ever make your own natural desserts? Ever made ice cream? Share below!