Need a delicious summer treat without the added sugar and chemicals? Make this real fruit sorbet recipe! With some coconut milk or fresh fruit juice and pureed fruit you can easily make a delicious sorbet without the added sugar and preservatives.
This is a great way to make use of seasonal produce, especially while peaches and berries are in season.
Note: The recipe below provides instructions for making this with just a blender or food processor and the freezer, but it would also be great to make this in an ice cream maker. We have this one and it works really well for this recipe or any homemade ice cream recipe.
Fruit Smoothie Sorbet
Delicious homemade peach sorbet recipe with natural peaches, banana and coconut milk
- 2 cups seasonal fruit (3-4 peaches or 2 cups of berries are my favorite)
- 1 banana (optional, makes it smoother)
- 1 cup BPA free Coconut Milk or fresh juice (plus more to thin)
- In a large blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. You could also add any other fruit or add ins to your family's taste. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth. It should still be a thick puree.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze 1-2 hours. Remove and re-blend or puree with hand blender to get smooth consistency. Return to freezer for another 1-2 hours until soft set.
- Tips: Starting with frozen fruit will greatly speed up the process if you have a strong enough blender to handle it. For an even faster method, put the fruit puree in a gallon size ziplock bag and put in a plastic or metal container with a lid (gallon coconut oil buckets and coffee cans both work well for this. Surround the bag with ice and shake or roll for about 20-30 minutes (great job for kids). This will thicken it faster and make a smoother ice cream.
Ever make your own natural desserts? Ever made ice cream? Share below!