Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
People who are new to eating real food often wonder how it’s possible to cook every meal at home when you are a busy family. I cook most meals at home and I don’t feel overextended. The reason is that I’m always looking for simple one-pot meals that I can throw together quickly. This tomato cabbage soup recipe is one example of an incredibly easy meal that is also delicious and healthy.
Tomato Cabbage Soup: Healthy Comfort Food at Its Best!
While this meal is incredibly simple to make, it’s also a powerhouse of nutrients. Bone broth contains essential amino acids as well as vitamins and minerals. It can improve digestion, allergies, immune health, brain health, and much more. Bone broth is filling because of the collagen content, so even a vegetable-based soup becomes an entire meal.
Tomatoes contain a lot of the antioxidant lycopene as well as vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Additionally, cabbage contains a lot of vitamin K as well as vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and other nutrients.
As mentioned, this soup can be a meal on its own, but you can also pair it with a meat dish, for a more filling and well-rounded meal. Here are some of my favorites:
- Prime Rib – A fancy dish that’s also incredibly easy to make (as long as you have some lead time).
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – A bit more time-intensive, this recipe is delicious and can be made ahead of time.
- Crockpot Meatloaf – You can’t get easier than a meatloaf cooked in a slow cooker!
- Easy Chuck Roast – Another simple roast recipe that can be made in the instant pot or the oven.
- Italian Lemon Herb Chicken – This recipe only takes 20 minutes to make so it’s perfect for a busy night.
It’s also great with some reheated protein from the night before. I have used soup as the cornerstone of many quick and easy meals!
Healthy and Easy Soup Recipes
If you like this tomato cabbage soup recipe, you’ll love these amazing soups as well:
- Soothing Garlic Soup – A favorite for immune-boosting soup with a chicken broth base. This soup is a perfect combination of garlic and bone broth to support optimal health.
- Egg Drop Soup – Delicious soup in 10 minutes that the kids even love!
- Leftover Turkey Soup – This is the soup I love to make after Thanksgiving or any time I have lots of leftover turkey.
- Miso Soup – This simple recipe is one of my favorites for a cold day. It also offers some probiotics (in the miso), so it’s a great soup for immune support as well.
- French Onion Soup – I love French onion soup, but I had to find a healthier version than the packet kind. This soup is healthier, yes, but also much better tasting!
- Creamy Chicken Kale Soup – This creamy soup is delicious but also packs a big nutrient punch with the addition of kale.
- Sweet Potato Zuppa Toscana Soup – Inspired by the Olive Garden soup, this recipe has lots of flavor and the addition of extra veggies for higher nutrients.
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup – There’s nothing better than a creamy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup during the cold months when you need comfort food.
- Creamy Taco Soup – Tacos are one of my family’s favorite foods, so a soup with the same flavors is always well received.
Sometimes I simply grab a container of Kettle and Fire broth and add in some leftover meat and veggies for a fast and satisfying meal.
Tomato Cabbage Soup Recipe
- In a large pot, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the cabbage is soft.
- Serve and enjoy.
What is your favorite soup recipe for fall?