This is one of those super-easy, but really impressive chicken recipes that even kids seem to enjoy because of the hidden ingredients inside. It’s also an easy chicken recipe to adapt and make grain free.
My kids ask for “Blue Chicken” often, and I hope you’ll enjoy it too! It takes a while to cook, but the end product is definitely worth it!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe (Gluten Free)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Carefully make a cut the chicken lengthwise to make a pocket, but do not all the way through.
- Roll each piece of cheese into a thin log, and make sure that it is shorter than the length of the chicken.
- Wrap each piece of ham around the cheese and roll it up, securing the ends so the cheese won’t ooze out.
- Spread the mustard and mayo inside the chicken.
- Place the ham and cheese roll inside the chicken.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg.
- On a plate, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken first in the egg mixture and then in the almond flour to coat, making sure the seam is especially well coated.
- Place in a well greased oven safe baking dish.
- Put it in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked.
- When fully cooked, remove and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
What is your favorite chicken dish? Share below!