This bread is delicious by itself or with a little melted butter or coconut oil. If you eat dairy, you can pour half of the batter into an 8×8 pan, add slices of cream cheese, and then add the rest of the batter.
If you are looking for a grain free, low-carb, and sugar free bread for breakfasts or dessert…. try this recipe! I especially like this in the fall when I start loving pumpkin spice everything- lattes, coconut oil meltaways, even pumpkin spice room freshening spray.
- 5 Eggs
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree (pumpkin only... check the ingredients)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter (softened)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey or a few drops of stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Using strong whisk or immersion blender (recommend!), mix until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Put into greased muffin tins or an 8x8 baking dish (a regular loaf pan doesn't work well)- For muffins, I use a ¼ cup measure to make pretty even sized. Batter will be somewhat thick.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes (muffins) or 20-25 minutes (bread) until lightly browned and set in middle.
- Optional topping: finely grind almonds or pecans and mix with butter or coconut oil to make a crumble topping.
What’s your favorite grain free recipe? Will you try these?