This bread is delicious by itself or with a little melted butter or coconut oil. If you eat dairy, you can pour half of the batter into an 8×8 pan, add slices of cream cheese, and then add the rest of the batter.
If you are looking for a grain free, low-carb, and sugar-free bread for breakfasts or dessert … try this recipe! I especially like this in the fall when I start loving pumpkin spice everything — lattes, coconut oil meltaways, even pumpkin spice room freshening spray.
Pumpkin Bread and Muffins Recipe
Yield 12 muffins or 1 loaf
Simple pumpkin muffins made with coconut flour and pumpkin for a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease muffin tins or 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil. A regular loaf pan doesn't work well.
- Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl and mix with an immersion blender or strong whisk until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins with a ¼ cup measure or pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes for muffins or 20-25 minutes for bread until lightly browned and set in middle.
Optional topping: finely grind almonds or pecans and mix with butter or coconut oil to make a crumble topping.
Serving Size 1 muffins
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.6 g
Saturated Fat 5.8 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 131 mg
Total Carbohydrates 14.6 g
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 3.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What’s your favorite grain free recipe? Will you try these?