Ahh, fall… the glorious season of apples, pumpkins, changing leaves, and cooler weather (finally!). I definitely get in on the fall pumpkin craze and start making pumpkin spice everything this time of year — from pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin spice room freshening spray.
This coconut flour pumpkin bread (and muffin) recipe is the perfect way to ring in the season. Unlike most baked goods, they make a delicious and low sugar snack or breakfast with plenty of protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
And, they’re pumpkin! Score.
Perfect Paleo Pumpkin Bread
If this is your first time baking a grain-free bread, expect a denser bread or muffin, but a soft texture and all the warm flavors of pumpkin spice (with just the right touch of sweetness).
This bread is delicious by itself or with a little melted butter or coconut oil. This recipe also freezes well once baked if you prefer to batch cook.
- Feel free to add in chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- If you eat dairy, you can pour half of the batter into an 8×8 pan, add slices of cream cheese, and then add the rest of the batter.
- We also mix it up and use a similar coconut flour base recipe to make grain-free banana bread or apple cinnamon muffins.
If you are looking for a grain-free, low-carb, and sugar-free bread for breakfast or dessert … try this recipe!
Looking for a recommendation of where to buy your ingredients? Thrive Market is an online grocery store that carries all the best organic, non-GMO brands at prices that are 25-50% off retail. And when you join, the company donates a membership to a low-income family as part of their mission to make healthy living accessible to everyone. Give it a try — you’ll be so glad you did! Get an additional 25% off your first purchase and a free 30-day membership here.
Grain-Free Pumpkin Bread and Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease muffin tins or 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil. A regular loaf pan doesn't work well.
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix with an immersion blender or strong whisk until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins with a ¼ cup measure or pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes for muffins or 20-25 minutes for bread until lightly browned and set in middle.
What’s your favorite grain-free recipe? Will you try these?