This bread is delicious by itself or with a little melted butter or coconut oil. If you eat dairy, you can pour half of the batter into an 8×8 pan, add slices of cream cheese, and then add the rest of the batter.
If you are looking for a grain free, low-carb, and sugar free bread for breakfasts or dessert…. try this recipe! I especially like this in the fall when I start loving pumpkin spice everything- lattes, coconut oil meltaways, even pumpkin spice room freshening spray.
Pumpkin Bread and Muffins
Yield 4 -6
Simple pumpkin muffins made with coconut flour and pumpkin for a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Put all ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Using strong whisk or immersion blender (recommend!), mix until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Put into greased muffin tins or an 8x8 baking dish (a regular loaf pan doesn't work well)- For muffins, I use a 1/4 cup measure to make pretty even sized. Batter will be somewhat thick.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes (muffins) or 20-25 minutes (bread) until lightly browned and set in middle.
- Optional topping: finely grind almonds or pecans and mix with butter or coconut oil to make a crumble topping.
What’s your favorite grain free recipe? Will you try these?