Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts, and when made this way, it is healthy enough to eat for breakfast. I know… it’s not made in a Crock-Pot (though I’ve got a great Crock-Pot cheesecake recipe coming soon!).
Healthy Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 almond flour pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make the crust according to the almond flour pie crust recipe instructions.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs in the blender and beat until smooth and frothy.
- Add the lime juice and zest, vanilla, coconut flour, coconut milk, and sweetener to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- When crust is baked, pour the filling into the crust and bake 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- This is the hardest step... put in the refrigerator and do not eat until it has cooled completely.
- While you are waiting, whip the cream or chilled coconut cream and vanilla or stevia if you are using.
- Top the cooled pie with whipped cream.
- Enjoy... even for breakfast!
- I didn't actually use key limes in this recipe...they take forever and I don't think they taste any better, but you can if you want. Also, fresh limes really make the difference! I've tried this with organic lime juice and it just isn't the same!
- For the crust, please note that this will not make a sweet crust. If you prefer a sweeter crust, you can use my homemade lara bar recipe as a crust and it works really well! Also, you can use strips of foil to prevent the crust edges from over-browning.
- Optional whipped cream is not included in the nutrition facts.
Are you a key lime pie person? What’s your favorite healthy dessert? Let me know below!