I’ve shared my recipes for homemade herb and spice blends before, and one of my favorites is homemade pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
By making it at home, I can save money and make it in bulk. It is an obvious staple for our homemade pumpkin pie, but it is also great in some unusual recipes such as:
- Pumpkin spice marshmallows- just add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the hot honey mixture in this recipe right before whipping it
- Roasted sweet potatoes- chop sweet potatoes, then sprinkle them with pumpkin pie spice and salt before roasting at 400°F for 30 minutes
- Add it to coffee to make a homemade pumpkin spice latte
- Make homemade pumpkin bread or muffins
- Make delicious pumpkin spice meltaways with healthy fats for a quick energy boost
- Add a sprinkle to some pumpkin chili
- Add a sprinkle and some natural vanilla extract to homemade whipped cream
- Add some to a pot of simmering water for a natural air freshener
I usually make a double or triple batch of this and store in a small mason jar in my cabinet for easy use.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. Use as you would regular pumpkin pie spice.
How do you use pumpkin pie spice?