I’ve shared my recipes for homemade herb and spice blends before, and one of my favorites is homemade pumpkin pie spice.
By making it at home, I can save money and make it in bulk. It is an obvious staple for our homemade pumpkin pie, but it is also great in some unusual recipes such as:
- Pumpkin spice marshmallows- just add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the hot honey mixture in this recipe right before whipping it
- Roasted sweet potatoes- chop sweet potatoes, then sprinkle them with pumpkin pie spice and salt before roasting at 400°F for 30 minutes
- Add it to coffee to make a homemade pumpkin spice latte
- Make homemade pumpkin bread or muffins
- Make delicious pumpkin spice meltaways with healthy fats for a quick energy boost
- Add a sprinkle to some pumpkin chili
- Add a sprinkle and some natural vanilla extract to homemade whipped cream
- Add some to a pot of simmering water for a natural air freshener
I usually make a double or triple batch of this and store in a small mason jar in my cabinet for easy use.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Yield ¾ cup
Homemade pumpkin pie spice is a great way to save money and avoid chemicals that are sometimes added to store-bought spices. Delicious in many recipes.
- Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. Use as you would regular pumpkin pie spice.
Serving Size ½ tsp
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.1 g
Total Carbohydrates 0.8 g
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
How do you use pumpkin pie spice?