I’m still learning to love winter. As a southern girl originally from Texas, I’ve had to adjust to cold weather, but I’m finally starting to love it. This new recipe is one of the reasons why.
Winter Bliss Lotion Bars
I wanted to find a lotion recipe that tied in my favorite smells and flavors of winter while nourishing my skin. I’d made many variations of lotion bars before but I wanted one that would be perfect for winter and make a great (and great-smelling) gift for winter.
These lotion bars were the result.
I also found these colorful tubes for around a dollar each and ordered them to use for gifts. (Note: The dark ones are out of stock but the lighter colored ones are available here… I liked these tubes because they can fill from the bottom so they have the rounded top like a new deodorant bar) Any empty deodorant tubes will work, and they can also be made in silicon molds and used without the tube.
What You’ll Need
- Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Essential oils of choice- I used wintergreen, orange, peppermint and lavender
- Silicon molds or tubes of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Shea butter
- 1/3 cup beeswax
- 10 drops each of essential oils of choice. I used wintergreen, peppermint, lavender and orange
What to do:
- Melt shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Carefully pour into empty deodorant containers and let set until hardened. If using bottom-fill containers, I found that a plastic dropper or tiny funnel (like a flask funnel) helps a lot.
- To use: Rub carefully on dry skin to nourish and moisturize.
Notes: Use caution with essential oils of any kind, especially wintergreen and peppermint on children or pregnant women and always ask a doctor before using any herb or essential oils.
Ever made lotion bars? What was your favorite?