Tis the season for pumpkin spice everything. I’ve been making spiced pumpkin lattes and pumpkin spice muffins for breakfast occasionally, but I wanted a really filling no-bake treat that I could whip up for the kids.
I’ve made coconut meltaways before with flavors like citrus, chocolate, and strawberry (I need to post those recipes too!) and I wondered if I could make a fall inspired pumpkin spice variation.
After a few tries, I created a recipe that I love and that the children love too. It is simple to make and doesn’t require turning on the oven.
Pumpkin Spice Meltaways
I made these in a silicon gingerbread man mold, but they could be made in any type of silicon mold or even in a glass container and then sliced into cubes.
As with any recipe, they can be adjusted to your tastes. Add a little more honey or maple syrup for a sweeter meltaway, or leave it out entirely for a sugar free option.
For this recipe, I used equal parts coconut oil and coconut butter/cream. You could also use butter in place of the coconut oil as desired or use a mix of both. If I don’t make it myself (here’s the recipe), I buy coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter) from Amazon.
BONUS: Drop one of these into a blender with a cup of coffee or tea for an instant pumpkin spice latte!
Pumpkin Spice Meltaways Recipe
- Melt the coconut oil on stove over low heat.
- Place melted coconut oil and coconut cream/butter in a blender.
- Add spices and sweetener if using and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, you can melt all ingredients in a small saucepan to incorporate instead.
- Carefully spoon into silicon molds or a glass container.
- Put in the freezer for about an hour to set and pop out of molds.
- I store these in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. They would probably last longer since all ingredients are shelf stable, but I haven't personally tested them.
What is your favorite pumpkin spice treat? Share in the comments below!