Meatball Shish Kabobs (or any food creatively arranged on a skewer) are a fast and kid-approved dinner, and an easy fix on a busy night. I always keep meatballs pre-made in the freezer for faster preparation. Any variation of shish kabobs can be a great way to mix up a meat and veggies recipe.
My favorite version is a pineapple meatball with apples, pineapple and onions, but there are so many ways to mix up a basic recipe like this:
- Italian spices can be added to the meatballs and grilled with tomatoes, onions, etc. for an Italian variation.
- Cumin and Chili Powder can be added to the meatballs and grilled with peppers and onions for a Mexican variation.
- Any leftover meat or veggie can be reheated on a skewer to make it kid-friendly.
My kids even love fruit salad or chopped veggies on a on a bamboo skewer and will often suggest some type of kebab when they get to make dinner.
Meatball Shish Kabobs
Yield 4 +
Fun and healthy shish kabobs with pineapple and meatballs.
- To Make Meatballs:
- Mix ingredients by hand until well mixed
- Add extra coconut flour to thicken if needed
- Spice to taste
- Bake on greased baking sheet or cook in skillet until well browned and cooked through.
- Use immediately or freeze for future use.
- To Make Shish Kabobs:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or heat grill
- On bamboo skewers, alternate pieces of meat and desired veggies (Important: make sure meat is pre-cooked before doing this! If meat is not cooked, put on its own skewers and cook separately)
- Put in oven for approx. 20 minutes until well cooked, or on grill until vegetables are ready and meat is heated.
What is your favorite shish kabob variation? Let me know below!