This is my new favorite breakfast food! It is also probably one of my top 5 recipes I’ve posted so far. I certainly don’t make it everyday, because it is a little more time consuming than regular bacon and eggs, but it is a delicious weekend treat!
Eggs Benedict were one of my husbands favorite foods before going grain free, so I’ve been experimenting with a good grain-free recipe. I never actually saw the appeal before (English muffins taste a lot like cardboard to me) but now I do!
These Eggs Benedict are now a favorite of everyone in our house, and I hope you’ll try them. As always, they are grain free, gluten free, dairy optional!
- Prepare the coconut flour biscuits and put into the oven.
- Put bacon on a baking sheet and put into the oven also for about 10-12 minutes (about the same amount of time as biscuits)
- While they are baking, make the hollandaise sauce. (Note: if you can't eat dairy, you can use coconut oil or ghee in place of butter in the hollandaise sauce, though it does change the flavor). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In well oiled skillet, crack the eggs (may have to do several batches) being careful not to break the yolks. Cook just until yolks are barely set but still soft.
- When biscuits are done, take out and put onto plates.
- As eggs finish cooking, place one egg on top of each biscuit. Top with cheese if using.
- Put one piece of bacon (cut in half) on top of each egg.
- Top with a spoonful of Hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Do you like Eggs Benedict? Will you try these? What is your favorite grain free breakfast food?