This is my new favorite breakfast food! It is also probably one of my top 5 recipes I’ve posted so far. I certainly don’t make it everyday, because it is a little more time consuming than regular bacon and eggs, but it is a delicious weekend treat!
Eggs Benedict were one of my husband’s favorite foods before going grain free, so I’ve been experimenting with a good grain-free recipe. I never actually saw the appeal before (English muffins taste a lot like cardboard to me) but now I do!
These eggs Benedict are now a favorite of everyone in our house, and I hope you’ll try them. As always, they are grain free, gluten free, dairy optional!
Grain-Free Eggs Benedict Recipe
- Prepare the coconut flour biscuits and bake them according to the recipe instructions.
- Cook bacon on a baking sheet in the oven at the same time as the biscuits are cooking.
- While the biscuits and bacon are cooking, make the hollandaise sauce.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a well oiled skillet, crack the eggs in a single layer being careful not to break the yolks. Cook just until yolks are barely set but still soft. Repeat until all eggs are cooked.
- As eggs finish cooking, place one egg on top of each biscuit on a plate.
- Top with cheese if using.
- Cut a piece of bacon in half and put both halves on top of each egg.
- Top with a spoonful of hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Do you like eggs Benedict? Will you try these? What is your favorite grain-free breakfast food?