I love salads, and my apple and walnut tuna salad is one of my favorites!
Tuna Salad Tip
I like making this ahead of time and storing in the bottom of a quart size mason jar. Then, I fill the jar with lettuce or spinach and cap tightly. When stored in the fridge, this will last 4-5 days.
I make several of these ahead of time and store in the fridge for quick lunches or dinners on busy days. Since tuna is relatively inexpensive, this is a great budget-friendly meal idea for our family and it is kid approved in our house.
- Cucumber Salad
- Fish Taco Salad
- Citrus Chicken Salad
- Spring Salad with Berries
- Fajita Salad
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Salad
The key is to put the protein and dressings at the bottom of the jar and the lettuce and vegetables at the top. When ready to use, just shake the jar to coat everything and dump onto a plate or eat out of the jar.
Tuna & Apple Walnut Salad
Yield 2 +
- 1 large (or 2 small) cans chunk light tuna (albacore has more mercury)
- ½ cup or more homemade mayo
- 2-3 TBSP dill weed
- 1-2 TBSP honey (optional)
- 1 apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 rib celery, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- Drain tuna and empty into medium sized bowl
- Add mayo, apples, celery, dill, honey, walnuts and other spices and mix well.
- Serve over large bed of spinach and lettuce.
What’s your favorite salad?