One thing I have realized in life is that no matter how big or how little my to-do list is, there is never enough time to accomplish it. I figured I wasn’t the only one in this situation, which is why I created this delicious Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad recipe. I love making this in 5-10 pound batches and living off it for every meal. For breakfast, I add eggs. For lunch, I add chicken. For dinner, I add steak. It keeps life delicious and simple. I may admittedly have a sweet potato addiction so you could also just eat it once a day if that makes you happy.
When I decided to make a giant lifestyle shift and take control of my health, it was intimidating. I had never cooked before in my life, I was overcoming a 12-year battle with bulimia and I had around 100 pounds to lose. To say I was scared was an understatement. One of the biggest keys to my success was keeping things simple and becoming a master at a few of my favorite recipes. This taught me how to have fun in the kitchen and created positivity around what I was cooking, which was pivotal in me enjoying and sticking to my journey.
In fact, it was so pivotal that I decided to change my career, start a business for the first time and work passionately to share my journey with others. I started my food blog to share everything I was creating to keep me successful and inspire others to do the same. My vision in life is to make others easier and support them in living the healthiest lifestyle possible. Which is why I co-authored The Paleo Kitchen. This recipe is just one of 125 brand new recipes in the book that are all simple, affordable and knock your socks off delicious. We also share our tips on how to have fun in the kitchen, how to save time and money, how to shop in season and love every minute of it. Oh and I have to apologize, we tried to get scratch and sniff pages for each photograph but the technology doesn’t exist yet.
I would love to keep writing, but I feel like I am committing a crime by not allowing you to make this recipe right now. I also caution you, if you plan on bringing this to a gathering or sharing, make double to save a stash for yourself. You have been warned. Enjoy.
Bacon Lime Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Yield 4 +
This delicious dish combines sweet potatoes, bacon, lime and herbs and spices to create a flavorful and simple meal.
- ½ pound bacon (225 grams)
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds/910 grams), cut into ½-inch (12-mm) cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of fresh dill, roughly chopped
- dash of red pepper flakes
- dash of ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon flat on the sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is slightly crispy. Let cool then roughly chop.
- In a roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss the sweet potatoes and garlic in coconut oil and roast for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned. (Cook time will vary depending on size of sweet potato cubes.)
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Toss in green onions, dill, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Once sweet potatoes are finished cooking, toss them together with the dressing and bacon.
What’s your favorite bacon recipe? Share below!