I never thought I liked curry powder. I’m not sure where my negative opinion came from, but I once added it to a soup by accident and discovered that I absolutely love it. The unique and complex mix of flavors makes an incredible addition to many meals.
I now add curry powder to breakfast dishes like our regular vegetable scramble, to meats and soups, and to roasted vegetables. I also like to make traditional curry dishes, though these are definitely not my strength (anyone want to come teach me?).
Even if you don’t think you like curry, give it a try and start by adding it in small amounts to simple recipes like meats, roasted vegetables, or soups and work up from there.
What you need:
- Fennel powder
- Fenugreek powder (optional)- gives sweetness
- Ground mustard
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Ground coriander (optional)
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cardamon (optional)
- Cinnamon Powder
- Cloves (optional) – adds complex flavor
Homemade Curry Powder Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to mix. Store in an airtight container.
Ever made anything with curry powder? Share your recipe below!