I never thought I liked curry powder. I’m not sure where my negative opinion came from, but I once added it to a soup by accident and discovered that I absolutely love it. The unique and complex mix of flavors makes an incredible addition to many meals.
I now add curry powder to breakfast dishes like our regular vegetable scramble, to meats and soups, and to roasted vegetables. I also like to make traditional curry dishes, though these are definitely not my strength (anyone want to come teach me?).
Make Your Own Curry Powder Seasoning
Even if you don’t think you like curry, give it a try and start by adding it in small amounts to simple recipes like meats, roasted vegetables, or soups and work up from there.
What you need:
- Fennel powder
- Fenugreek powder (optional)- gives sweetness
- Ground mustard
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Ground coriander (optional)
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cardamon (optional)
- Cinnamon powder
- Cloves (optional) – adds complex flavor
Healthy Curry Recipes to Try
For a house that once avoided curry, we sure have it a lot now! Here are some of our new favorite meals:
- Coconut Curry Chicken (Quick Instant Pot Recipe)
- Healthy Thai Chicken Curry (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Spicy Beef Curry (Authentic Bangladeshi Recipe)
Homemade Curry Powder Recipe
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to mix. Store in an airtight container.
Ever made anything with curry seasoning? Do you have a custom curry powder recipe? Please share below!