Although it’s been several years since salted caramel became all the rage, it continues to be a popular choice for coffee drinks and desserts today. I’ve shared my recipe for my favorite way to drink coffee, but I realized that it could be easily adapted to be a salted caramel latte and still be healthy!
If you’re a gourmet coffee fan (I am too), stop spending $5 (or more!) to consume a less healthy alternative. Start making delicious (and healthier) coffee at home!
What Exactly Is a Latte?
A latte is made with espresso, warm milk, and milk foam. At a coffee shop, they have an espresso machine to handle those jobs. There are plenty of other ways to make lattes at home though without fancy equipment. (Of course, if you love coffee, you may want to consider these non-toxic ways to brew a finer cup.)
In place of the espresso, I just use brewed coffee. Then I usually add some butter and coconut oil for healthy fats. Just give these a whirl in your blender and you have a frothy, satisfying latte!
How I Make a Healthy Salted Caramel Latte at Home
Obviously, to turn a regular latte into a salted caramel latte, you’re going to need something sweet with the flavors of caramel, and just a dash of salt.
I like to avoid the refined sugars and artificial flavors and sweeteners of the commercial version so I turn to more wholesome ingredients I already have in my kitchen:
- My normal version: I don’t like my coffee super sweet, so I just mix in a little vanilla extract, drizzle a little raw honey over the top, and sprinkle it with a little Himalayan salt.
- My “treat” version: If I really want something a little more decadent, I’ll top the latte with a dollop of whipped cream. (Here’s a dairy-free version too.)
- For a mocha: Just add up to a tablespoon of cocoa powder into the blender with the coffee.
Tip: Not a coffee person? This recipe is also great with chai tea!
Salted Caramel Latte Recipe
- French press (optional)
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the optional toppings.
- Blend on high for 15 seconds or until emulsified.
- Top with foamed milk, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a drizzle of honey if desired.
- Drink immediately and enjoy!
Other Homemade Latte Recipes to Enjoy:
- Superfood Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- Spiced-Up Turmeric Latte with Cinnamon and Chicory
- Superfood Vanilla Latte Recipe
- How to Make an Amazing Pumpkin Spice Latte (at Home Recipe)
- Superfood Dalgona Coffee Recipe
Are you a coffee drinker? What is your favorite flavor? Share below!