Stir frys are a family favorite, and this chicken squash stir fry is no exception! Made with delicious fresh vegetables, it is an easy and fast dinner that you can customize to your family’s taste. It cooks in under half an hour and my kids love it. It also uses seasonal produce right now which means more nutrients and fresher taste!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2-4 medium zucchini or yellow squash (or mix)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small head or 1 bag (frozen) broccoli
- 3-4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- Spices to taste: I used about 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, and thyme but any combinations would be good. Cumin would give a Mexican flavor or Curry powder would be great as a stand-alone spice.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the butter or oil. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to pan. Sprinkle with some of the spices and cook until completely cooked. Slice the onions and add when chicken is almost done. Slice zucchini and chop broccoli into florets and add to pan. Sprinkle with additional spices if desired and cook another 5-7 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
Serve and enjoy!
What is your favorite stir fry? Share below!