Oh Monday… seemed like a good time for a healthy dessert recipe!
This is one that we’ve made several times lately, and it is delicious. I’ve now used up the last of our frozen berries from last summer, but thankfully, berry season isn’t too far away, and the strawberry plants should produce well this year!
If you are looking for a low-cab (ish), grain free, and sugar free (honey optional) dessert… try this one!
- 3-4 cups of assorted berries: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or a mix (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional: stevia, organic honey or maple syrup to taste
- optional: organic whole cream, whipped with vanilla (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 8×8 or larger baking dish with coconut oil or butter.
- Place berries in baking dish.
- Combine almond flour, coconut oil/butter and vanilla with your hands until it makes a crumbly topping. You may need to adjust the almond flour up or down slightly, depending on the texture of the brand you use. I recommend the brand I linked to above because it is very close to “regular” flour. You may need slightly more with a different brand. If using steiva, you can add a small amount to the topping at this point.
- Using your hands, sprinkle/crumble the topping over the berries.
- Put dish into oven and cook for about 20 minutes (fresh fruit) to 30-40 minutes (frozen fruit).
- When done, drizzle with organic honey or maple syrup if using(optional)
- Top with whipped organic cream/vanilla if using.
What’s your favorite fruit-based dessert? Share below!