Ever had spinach and artichoke dip in a restaurant? This recipe is similar to that but with more protein and less chips. I had a craving for spinach and artichoke dip one night and decided to turn it in to a whole dinner.
Some kids might not like the strong flavors in the artichokes, but mine really liked this recipe. We served with homemade Caesar salad and it was wonderful!
- 2 lbs of chicken breast or strips (or one of those bags of frozen chicken)
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, very well drained
- 1 large (about 15 ounce) jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 package of cream cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces, season with garlic, salt and pepper and place in crock pot for 2 hours (on high) or 4 hours (on low) [Note: This can vary by crock pot.]
- When chicken is almost cooked, add the well drained spinach, can of artichoke hearts, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Cook for another hour until cheeses are well melted and stir to incorporate flavors.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and serve.