Coconut cream concentrate (also sometimes called coconut butter) is an incredibly tasty and filling way to get in your healthy fats! It is my favorite on-the-go treat, and I even keep a small jar in my purse for times when the kids or I get hungry while out.
It is super easy to make and can be flavored with cocoa powder, nuts, dried fruit, etc. for yummy variations. If you like coconut at all, this is a great way to enjoy it!
Homemade Coconut Cream/Butter Ingredients
- 1 cup of shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Optional flavorings including: real vanilla extract, chopped nuts, raisins, cocoa powder, chia seeds
- Food processor or high powered blender (I use a vita mix)
How To Make Coconut Cream
- Pulse the shredded coconut or coconut flakes in the blender or food processor. At first, it will be powdered, then it will start to stick to itself and become smooth like almond butter.
- When it starts to get thick, add 2-3 TBSP of melted coconut oil and keep blending until smooth.
- Add any flavorings and mix by hand
- Store in a jar, in or out of the fridge or take as an on-the-go snack.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat coconut. What’s yours?