I discovered this coconut flour muffin recipe out of desperation, and made it again because it was great (and easy)! One morning, I realized I only had 5 eggs in the fridge…. not enough for the five of us, especially when the kids can all eat three each!
I also had coconut flour, homemade applesauce and coconut oil, so I mixed them!
I’m not much of a baker (I guess that makes sense considering we don’t eat grains…) so I didn’t expect these to turn out good at all. Shockingly, they were great and the kids requested them every day last week for breakfast. Now, these apple cinnamon coconut flour muffins are in the regular rotation at our house. Bonus: they come together in less than half an hour!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup homemade applesauce (store bought should work too)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2-3 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 T honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with immersion blender or whisk until well mixed.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Use ⅓ cup measure to spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until starting to brown and not soft when lightly touched on the top.
- Let cool 2 minutes, drizzle with honey (if desired) and serve.
This recipe is actually very versatile! To mix it up, try these flavor combinations:
- Reduce the applesauce by 1/4 cup and add an overripe banana before blending. Mix in 1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts (like walnuts) by hand.
- Add 1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
- Add 1/2 cup chopped apples for a little crunch
- Add 3 T of cocoa powder to make almost cupcake like
Ever cook muffins? What’s your favorite? Talk to me below!