This recipe is almost too good to be healthy, and amazingly, it is the one of our healthiest dessert recipes!
Chocolate Coconut Clusters
These chocolate coconut clusters also have only 5 ingredients, are simple to make and kids love them! My kids eat these like candy…. in fact, they prefer these to candy! They taste like a mixture of almond joy bars and raw coconut macaroons, and are a dessert you can feel good about letting your kids have because they are packed with healthy fats!
Nutrient Rich Ingredients:
The simple but nutrient dense ingredients are what make these so delicious, filling and nourishing. They contain:
- Coconut flakes: A great source of protein, fiber and beneficial fats.
- Coconut Oil: Has hundreds of uses and benefits. A great source of medium chain triglycerides and beneficial lauric acid. It is also filling and anti-fungal, making it effective at fighting overgrowth in the digestive track.
- Almond Butter: Another source of quality fats and protein and it provides great flavor to this recipe. Sub or leave out if you have an allergy.
- Dark Chocolate: Good source of magnesium and antioxidants. Some studies even suggest it might lower the risk of heart disease.
- 1 (5 oz) bag Flaked or shredded coconut- unsweetened
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In medium bowl, mix coconut flakes, ⅔ cup melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter until well mixed.
- Using hands, form into 1 inch balls and put on a plate.
- Put the plate in the freezer until the clusters harden completely.
- Once the clusters have hardened, melt the chocolate in a double boiler with 1 TBSP coconut oil until smooth.
- Dip the clusters into the chocolate and put back on a plate or in a small baking dish
- Put them into refrigerator and eat once they get cold.
- Enjoy the awesome mixture of crunchy chocolate shell and chewy coconut center!
Try these… seriously! And then tell me about them below!