This recipe is almost too good to be healthy, and amazingly, it is the one of our healthiest dessert recipes! These chocolate coconut clusters also have only 5 ingredients, are simple to make and kids love them! My kids eat these like candy…. in fact, they prefer these to candy! They taste like a mixture of almond joy bars and raw coconut macaroons, and are a dessert you can feel good about letting your kids have because they are packed with healthy fats!
Chocolate Coconut Clusters Ingredients
- 1 (5 oz) bag Flaked or shredded coconut- unsweetened
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil + 1 TBSP
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Clusters
- In medium bowl, mix coconut flakes, 2/3 cup melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter until well mixed.
- Using hands, form into 1 inch balls and put on a plate.
- Put the plate in the freezer until the clusters harden completely.
- Once the clusters have hardened, melt the chocolate in a double boiler with 1 TBSP coconut oil until smooth.
- Dip the clusters into the chocolate and put back on a plate or in a small baking dish
- Put them into refrigerator and eat once they get cold.
- Enjoy the awesome mixture of crunchy chocolate shell and chewy coconut center!
Try these… seriously! And then tell me about them below!